Ring cameras

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I have 3 and love them. They can be tripped easily by bugs even with motion set to people only. My battery stick-on camera at the shed dies a lot even with the solar panel attached to it; I need to call them on it.

ontheriver

I have 3 and love them. They can be tripped easily by bugs even with motion set to people only. My battery stick-on camera at the shed dies a lot even with the solar panel attached to it; I need to call them on it.

I hope I'll love mine. It's charging now.

Clem72

I prefer the Eufy ones, no need of the "cloud". I have a guest network setup just for them, so there is no chance the device could be used to access other computers on the network (if you are worried about exploitable chinese cameras, as many are).

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I bought the Blink wireless cameras (also an Amazon company, like Ring).
Use a Samsung smartphone I got from Tracfone as my in house monitor.

Bugs crawling over the lens does activate them, as does the stray cat that comes by in the evening.

ontheriver

I prefer the Eufy ones, no need of the "cloud". I have a guest network setup just for them, so there is no chance the device could be used to access other computers on the network (if you are worried about exploitable chinese cameras, as many are).

Thanks Clem. I'll keep this in mind.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Also, the Blink hub has a USB port so I do not have to rely on the "Cloud."
It will take up to a 256 gig thumb drive and store 2 hours worth of images.

Last edited:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Ring 2nd Gen Recall, Battery Issues

ontheriver

Ring 2nd Gen Recall, Battery Issues

Thanks for posting this. I don't think mine is involved as it isn't the doorbell type, but will look into it.