Ring Engraving?

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Need some suggestions please, that are short sweet and to the point. As most know my fiancé and I split a few months ago. I rarely speak to him or see him and I have moved past the throwing axes at trees pretending they were his head that I was splitting open.

I had a 1k diamond cushion cut solitaire in a Tiffany setting that fit into a .50k insert. At first I put them both an eBay and actually sold them separately. Well the person who purchased the solitaire ended up returning it. I took this as a sign that since it was my dream stone I was going to have it reset.

So back to the jewelers I went and after a few trips and many hours on the internet I found and had handmade a setting for this stone. I wanted more of a cocktail ring feel to it so it will now have a rose gold w/ diamond accent shank with a white gold halo with my stone cathedral set in the center.

My setting is due in tomorrow and they have told me they will set it and engrave it for me by close of business. I really want to have a saying that is short and sweet but says you didn't break me, if you get my drift. I don't want any negativity in the saying but desperately need some ideas. This ring will go to one of my kids one day.

Any suggestions you may have will be greatly appreciated. BTW the ring size is a 7, so that may help with what will fit. TIA.:flowers

NO REGRETS

I am a firm believer that all relationships, even failed ones, make us who we are today. Never regret.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I like Kwillia's suggestion, Tigerlily. I totally admire how well you've handled this. You're a strong woman, and I have no doubt the kids see that too. :huggy:

glhs837

Power with Control
Make it about you, not a message to or about someone who doesn't matter anymore. That's my .02

JMO, but I think engraving anything is just a reminder. If it were me, I'd just want to forget and move on. But then it it were me, I'd try to sell it on ebay again and not put much effort into making it something else. That's just me. I probably should stay out of this.
I've met TL in real life a couple times... believe me, she values your opinion... all opinions for that matter. She'll read them all in the end she'll do what feels right for her.

Last edited:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I like Kwillia's suggestion, Tigerlily. I totally admire how well you've handled this. You're a strong woman, and I have no doubt the kids see that too. :huggy:

Thanks Radiant1, kind of funny how are kids are all in line age wise and our lives have paralleled similarly too. It is woman like you that I admire that for being so strong yourself. Their a quite a few of us on these boards and even the silly things in life can snap us out of a moment of self pity. I thank you and everyone else for being there for me and we've got at least four and a half years of school functions to be together at. In fact it just seems like yesterday we were sitting at Ridge E.S. watching them and boy how they have grown.

So here's to " No Regrets & New Beginnings" I think that will say it all.:smoochy:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I've met TL in real live a couple times... believe me, she values your opinion... all opinions for that matter. She'll read them all in the end she'll do what feels right for her.

Read my response to R1, I think I have it. Let me know what you think.:love:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I've met TL in real life a couple times... believe me, she values your opinion... all opinions for that matter. She'll read them all in the end she'll do what feels right for her.

I deleted my post, like I said, I should have stayed out of it.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Now I wanna go engrave something with that quote! :clap:

Have at it my dear. 1 year ago I was at the beginnings of rebuilding myself and just when I thought I had done that. WHAM there went another tire in life. All I can say is that in my heart I know that I was truly blessed to have experienced the last seven years of my life. I can't explain it, there is nothing specific to be angry about. It just is what it is. I feel as if I lost the love of my life, clearly there are other plans in store for me. So with that weepy mess of a post we shall end "With No Regrets & New Beginnings"

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Need some suggestions please, that are short sweet and to the point. As most know my fiancé and I split a few months ago. I rarely speak to him or see him and I have moved past the throwing axes at trees pretending they were his head that I was splitting open.

I had a 1k diamond cushion cut solitaire in a Tiffany setting that fit into a .50k insert. At first I put them both an eBay and actually sold them separately. Well the person who purchased the solitaire ended up returning it. I took this as a sign that since it was my dream stone I was going to have it reset.

So back to the jewelers I went and after a few trips and many hours on the internet I found and had handmade a setting for this stone. I wanted more of a cocktail ring feel to it so it will now have a rose gold w/ diamond accent shank with a white gold halo with my stone cathedral set in the center.

My setting is due in tomorrow and they have told me they will set it and engrave it for me by close of business. I really want to have a saying that is short and sweet but says you didn't break me, if you get my drift. I don't want any negativity in the saying but desperately need some ideas. This ring will go to one of my kids one day.

Any suggestions you may have will be greatly appreciated. BTW the ring size is a 7, so that may help with what will fit. TIA.:flowers

Go with an old classic. "One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them"

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I deleted my post, like I said, I should have stayed out of it.

No sweetie you should never have deleted your post. I read it and I really value what you had to say. I did initially sell both pieces on eBay. Believe me I about chit my pants when the lady wanted to return the ring. I sold almost every piece of jewelry I had for that stone.

Just so everyone knows a 1k stone wholesales for $500.00. Even the jeweler told me to keep it. It's certified yada, yada. I may never get married again and if that is my path then so be it.

I know now I cannot even fathom dating much less a relationship. I have five years before my youngest will be 18. They have had their father and this man only in their lives. At this point they have none. They will never love another man the way they loved the two they had, The trust is gone, the bond is broken. Can I date if I want they say I can. Yet I cant go to the store for 10 minutes without them calling.

I don't need a man to define or complete me. I am just trying to figure out I had at one time everything a little girl could ever dream of and then one day it just walked away.

Don't ever hold back with me. See I know how your husband travels months and months at a time. So I cant lie when I feel cheated that my ex was a merchant marine gone 26 weeks a year of which the whole time I was loving and faithful but yet I am the one not worthy.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I like the sentiment but at this point I am living healthy strong and positive. I just don't know if I am living so called "Living Well" my kids and I clearly got the shaft on this deal.

Living healthy, strong and positive IS living well.