Ring Engraving?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
No sweetie you should never have deleted your post. I read it and I really value what you had to say. I did initially sell both pieces on eBay. Believe me I about chit my pants when the lady wanted to return the ring. I sold almost every piece of jewelry I had for that stone.

Just so everyone knows a 1k stone wholesales for $500.00. Even the jeweler told me to keep it. It's certified yada, yada. I may never get married again and if that is my path then so be it.

I know now I cannot even fathom dating much less a relationship. I have five years before my youngest will be 18. They have had their father and this man only in their lives. At this point they have none. They will never love another man the way they loved the two they had, The trust is gone, the bond is broken. Can I date if I want they say I can. Yet I cant go to the store for 10 minutes without them calling.

I don't need a man to define or complete me. I am just trying to figure out I had at one time everything a little girl could ever dream of and then one day it just walked away.

Don't ever hold back with me. See I know how your husband travels months and months at a time. So I cant lie when I feel cheated that my ex was a merchant marine gone 26 weeks a year of which the whole time I was loving and faithful but yet I am the one not worthy.

Sometimes I post from the heart and it's not always a good idea. Thank you for not taking it the wrong way.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Living healthy, strong and positive IS living well.

Yes, you are correct. I have had the pleasure of listening to you a few times and that is the direction I am heading, The only person I can change is me.

To thy own self be true

This statement rings volumes to me, sometimes we bend our own rules a bit though.:killingme

Mine would be "Onward and Upward." Sweet, to the point, and no looking back. :cheers:

I like this Jazz and sure miss seeing you but alas we have hung up our late night dancing shoes. I may incorporate it if room allows, it feels very Space Shuttle like.:love:

Sometimes I post from the heart and it's not always a good idea. Thank you for not taking it the wrong way.

I learned a long time ago on these boards to not take stuff to seriously. I remember the old days (last month) of feverishly typing AKA known as smacking the tar out of the keys only to validate my point and then spending the next 20 minutes smacking the F5 button just daring someone to disagree. I finally got on meds for that.:yahoo:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
The Tween of almost 15 put it all together so the saying shall be " No regrets only new beginning's "
Thank you all for your input I will post pics once I receive it.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Hoping these will load the first will be the new ring, but with diamond sushion center and rose gold band, the second is what the original was.

Attachments

• _h512_w910_m6_ofalse_lfalse.jpg
    _h512_w910_m6_ofalse_lfalse.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 95
  • bth_180C3E0C-48B4-44BF-932D-FA330403F956-10499-00000CC1291FB336.jpg
    bth_180C3E0C-48B4-44BF-932D-FA330403F956-10499-00000CC1291FB336.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 92

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Did you get it engraved?
What did you decide on?

It is not engraved yet as due to the diamonds on the side I apparently wanted too much. I was not even able to get " No Regrets " . So I am buying two very small yellow gold bands one for each side that will be engraved one with " No Regrets" and the other with " New Beginnings". So ultimately I will end up with a tri- colored gold ring but the meaning will still be there. Attached is a pic of the newly set ring. I absolutely love it and I think its makes the center stone really stand out. Thanks for asking, I will keep you updated.

Attachments

• IMG_2097.jpg
    IMG_2097.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 88

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
It is not engraved yet as due to the diamonds on the side I apparently wanted too much. I was not even able to get " No Regrets " . So I am buying two very small yellow gold bands one for each side that will be engraved one with " No Regrets" and the other with " New Beginnings". So ultimately I will end up with a tri- colored gold ring but the meaning will still be there. Attached is a pic of the newly set ring. I absolutely love it and I think its makes the center stone really stand out. Thanks for asking, I will keep you updated.

Where did you have your ring made?

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Where did you have your ring made?

I had it made at Blair's. I purchased the stone special order from them a year ago and had it set in a Tiffany setting. I had been to Blair's to look at new settings and had narrowed down to 3 or 4 but then I saw the one I listed on MSN one day. I knew I definitely wanted Rose Gold but was worried that a Halo would make the stone appear darker than it really is. I am not really a white gold fan but I do have a few pieces I wear on occasion.

The original settings I was looking at were from Stuller.com which has it's own website. This setting was cast from a company that apparently we the consumer cannot just look up online. The name of that company begins with a "G" but on my certificate it says "GOD" :killingme. Anyway I decided to go with white gold for the head and halo to make the main stone appear larger and the band with diamonds in Rose gold.

This ended up costing me an additional 400.00 as normally they cast the ring in one color gold only and since I wanted two they had to do two castings and then put them together. Overall I am very pleased with their work and have no problems recommending them to anyone.

I could go on and on but if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm. I must admit I am a bit of a jewelry whore. :whistle: The ring I just had done is actually only 1.28 CT total but I think looks much larger due to the halo. Also I am getting my bands from Gold & Gems.com. Even the sales lady at Blair's could not beat their prices. you can also look at the forum section under Better Than a Diamond.com they have tons of information, categories and pictures.

BTW, I did not want to let the old setting go to waste so I purchased a really neat kind of blue topaz like stone to have set in the old setting but I am having the split prong head removed and turned into a Kite style ring. Right now I am considering whether I want to have a enhancer or halo added to that. I have to wait a few weeks for that stone though.

So look for additional updates. Total the new setting was 1800.00 but would have been closer to 1300-1400 if I had chosen only one color of gold. Hope the info helps.

Last edited:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I had it made at Blair's. I purchased the stone special order from them a year ago and had it set in a Tiffany setting. I had been to Blair's to look at new settings and had narrowed down to 3 or 4 but then I saw the one I listed on MSN one day. I knew I definitely wanted Rose Gold but was worried that a Halo would make the stone appear darker than it really is. I am not really a white gold fan but I do have a few pieces I wear on occasion.

The original settings I was looking at were from Stuller.com which has it's own website. This setting was cast from a company that apparently we the consumer cannot just look up online. The name of that company begins with a "G" but on my certificate it says "GOD" :killingme. Anyway I decided to go with white gold for the head and halo to make the main stone appear larger and the band with diamonds in Rose gold.

This ended up costing me an additional 400.00 as normally they cast the ring in one color gold only and since I wanted two they had to do two castings and then put them together. Overall I am very pleased with their work and have no problems recommending them to anyone.

I could go on and on but if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm. I must admit I am a bit of a jewelry whore. :whistle: The ring I just had done is actually only 1.28 CT total but I think looks much larger due to the halo. Also I am getting my bands from Gold & Gems.com. Even the sales lady at Blair's could not beat their prices. you can also look at the forum section under Better Than a Diamond.com they have tons of information, categories and pictures.

BTW, I did not want to let the old setting go to waste so I purchased a really neat kind of blue topaz like stone to have set in the old setting but I am having the split prong head removed and turned into a Kite style ring. Right now I am considering whether I want to have a enhancer or halo added to that. I have to wait a few weeks for that stone though.

So look for additional updates. Total the new setting was 1800.00 but would have been closer to 1300-1400 if I had chosen only one color of gold. Hope the info helps.

Thank you very much.