Ring knocker's racist rant goes live

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Anybody serve with this guy? I'd be interested in some inside gouge. I'm sure he told a lot of colorful jokes in the wardroom.

A retired US Navy captain who used derogatory language and racial slurs during a conversation with his wife that was accidentally live streamed on Facebook says he is "mortified" and working to be a better person.

Scott Bethmann resigned from the US Naval Academy Alumni Association board after he accidentally streamed the conversation with his wife Nancy, according to a statement from the alumni association and a family spokesperson.
Bethmann and his wife were live on Facebook for more than 30 minutes, discussing recent events around the country,

Bethmann is heard using the N-word and complaining about not being able to speak his mind, saying, "The white m*f*s can't say anything. That's the point we're making here, Nancy."
His wife is heard in the recording talking about "F** Asians from China who love to steal all of our intellectual property."

'We are deeply sorry'
In a statement issued through a family spokesperson, Bethmann said it was never appropriate "to use derogatory terms when speaking about our fellow man."
tell us how you feel cap'n

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
"We are deeply sorry that we weren't smart enough to know our home was streaming live on Facebook."

For me the other learning point (the first being "know how to run your technology") is: maybe let's not be so enthusiastic about voluntarily accepting Stasi listening devices into one's home.

(Full disclosure: Alexa and Siri didn't agree with me. Google was unavailable for comment. Or was it?)

--- End of line (MCP)

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

Louise

I have Siri in my house; currently, she resides in a drawer, unplugged.

We were gifted Siri’s sister, Alexa. She, also, resides in a drawer, unplugged. Who even knows, anymore, what is heard. And, if it is not heard, it will be fabricated to be heard. I mean herd.

Reactions: BOP