'Ring of fire' eclipse 2021

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
When, where to watch it

Eclipse will be partially visible for the eastern US

The first solar eclipse of 2021 will be visible to the Northern Hemisphere on Thursday morning.

It will appear as a "sunrise event," with the moon passing between the Earth and the sun and partially obscuring the star from view and leaving its outer ring exposed.

The annular "ring of fire" eclipse will be best viewed by residents of parts of Canada, Greenland and northern Russia, according to NASA.

From Washington, D.C., the agency noted the moon would block around 80% of the sun as it rises at 5:42 a.m. ET, rising higher and eventually ending around 6:29 a.m. ET.

PJay

"Ring of fire" rose over U.S. East Coast this morning: Spectacular image of a partial solar eclipse shows the sun as a crescent as it rises over NYC.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I've seen some spectacular shots, and the one posted by @NextJen is one of the best. I didn't get up early enough for it, but understand the window of opportunity was very short.

Thank you!
Thank you. He is quite talented. Photography is not his full time job, but he has made money from doing weddings, framing and selling shots he's done, etc.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thank you. He is quite talented. Photography is not his full time job, but he has made money from doing weddings, framing and selling shots he's done, etc.
Any hobby that makes you money is great. All mine revolve around boats which only cost me money. :nomoney:

NextJen

Raisin cane