Ring Resized

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
It's a pretty inexpensive thing to have done. I think the last time I had it done it was around $10 to $20. Try G&H Jewelers or Rick's.

GoodnessME

It's a pretty inexpensive thing to have done. I think the last time I had it done it was around $10 to $20. Try G&H Jewelers or Rick's.

With the price of gold being WAY UP...what do they do with the piece they cut out??? Do they keep it or do they give it back to you....you might want to ask....just saying:whistle:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
With the price of gold being WAY UP...what do they do with the piece they cut out??? Do they keep it or do they give it back to you....you might want to ask....just saying:whistle:

Dear GoodnessMe,
I've always kept my gold, silver, etc. I think there is difference between dealing with a jeweler who actually does this work for a living, and going to retail chain where they ship out the work. Honest jewelers want to keep your business and want you to come back.

QueenB

It's not HaHa time....
I have always used G & H for everything. I got a ring for V-Day and they resized it free of charge (probably because it was bought from them). I absolutely love the work they do and the people are so friendly. I would at least stop in and see what they say. JMO...

mizteresa1965

I have always used JW Jewelers in Waldorf. They do the resizing there on premises. Last time I had something sized it was around $26. But Jay does good work and he stands behind it. As far as what happens to the extra good......never had to ask because my ring sizing has been to increase 1/2 to 1 size.....not because I'm an Ox, but because I've gotten jewerly passed on from my mother that has smaller fingers. Just so ya know! :peace:

puggymom

Thanks for the price info and the recommendation on places. I will call around. I would definitely prefer someone who does it on premises instead of sending it out.

About how long does it take?

QueenB

It's not HaHa time....
Thanks for the price info and the recommendation on places. I will call around. I would definitely prefer someone who does it on premises instead of sending it out.

About how long does it take?

G & H does it on premises. It depends. They did the ring I mentioned in 2 days. But they did my engagement ring when we picked it out. Not sure if it was because we paid cash or it was because the jewelry dude (not sure what they are called) was there that day... I have always dealt with Callie or Kelly.