RIP George Blanda

Rael

Supper's Ready
The old man, George Blanda. I can't tell you how many times I've watched as a kid with anticipation when the Raiders called him onto the field with either seconds to go, or in O.T. to win it. Kicker? Quarterback? Always there delivering. Raiders' games back then were always, always a great game to watch in no small part because of George Blanda.

Here's to a true legend in the game. :buddies:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
George Blanda

:bawl: This is the man who made me a Raiders fan wayyy back when. The Raiders were behind and Blanda (their kicker) came in at QB and tied the game. Then he kicked a game winning field goal with seconds left and they won! Apparently this very thing is what he was well known for.

God bless him! Now, when I watch the pathetic Raiders play, I think: "If only George Blanda was at the helm"...Never to be though... :bawl:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I remember him kicking. I also remember him coming in as a back up late in a game or three when Darell Lamonica got ploughed once more than he could handle.

True legend of the game.

Nanny Pam

My Mom hated him because he'd always spit those huge green luggies.
Dad & I loved him. One of the greatest, for sure.

RIP George. :cheers: & if you're in Heaven with my Mom.....don't spit!

greytux

QB out of Kentucky from the Bear Bryant era. What's not to like? Kick a 50 yarder for us up there George!