RIP Snowy

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
We lost my daughter's 20+ year old pony this weekend, to cushings and an intestinal blockage....
RIP snowy....darling, trustworthy sweet little pony who gave my kid all the confidence in the world. You were her everything. Thank you for being ours.

D

dems4me

happyappygirl said:
We lost my daughter's 20+ year old pony this weekend, to cushings and an intestinal blockage....
RIP snowy....darling, trustworthy sweet little pony who gave my kid all the confidence in the world. You were her everything. Thank you for being ours.

:bawl: I'm soo sorry to hear that hapap. :frown:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Sorry to hear that, happyappygirl. :frown: It's always hard to lose such a wonderful part of your family. :huggy:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
happyappygirl said:
Condolences.. I hope your daughter is doing well, this has to be a devastating loss for her and the rest of your family.... :huggy:

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
happyappygirl said:

Sorry to hear that happyappy. :flowers:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Sorry:huggy: to hear about your loss. It's hard to cope with the departure of a friend like that, that had brought so much to you and your daughters' happiness.Snowy is at peace - out of the spectre of pain and discomfort.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
vraiblonde said:
Poor thing. How's your daughter taking it?

If you can imagine...she feels guilty because (at SEVEN!) she doesn't think she was a good horse mommy, she thinks she could have done more for her. The vet was out twice a day all last week to try to save her...and we finally made a sad choice early sat morning when my daughter was still in bed...and we couldn't take her down to Snowy's burial site on the farm until Sunday morning because of that blasted RAIN. But when we finally could go down the hill, we cut off the long part of her tail, and Appy is going to glue it together like a tail extention to make it a beautiful rememberance for her to keep with her halter and collar.
She's sleeping with her collar, that we just had made special for Snowey 2 weeks ago, Taylor picked the colors and a local fellow made it special for her. It makes me so sad to see her so sad. She doesn't think she'll ever be able to find another pony she can trust as much as Snowey. The very first pony we tried for her threw her off twice in one day and hurt her pretty bad...so it was a long haul to find Snowy for her. :frown: Appy's trying to help too, we're going to meet another small horse tonight. <fingers crossed here>

happyappygirl said:
If you can imagine...she feels guilty because (at SEVEN!) she doesn't think she was a good horse mommy, she thinks she could have done more for her. The vet was out twice a day all last week to try to save her...and we finally made a sad choice early sat morning when my daughter was still in bed...and we couldn't take her down to Snowy's burial site on the farm until Sunday morning because of that blasted RAIN. But when we finally could go down the hill, we cut off the long part of her tail, and Appy is going to glue it together like a tail extention to make it a beautiful rememberance for her to keep with her halter and collar.
She's sleeping with her collar, that we just had made special for Snowey 2 weeks ago, Taylor picked the colors and a local fellow made it special for her. It makes me so sad to see her so sad. She doesn't think she'll ever be able to find another pony she can trust as much as Snowey. The very first pony we tried for her threw her off twice in one day and hurt her pretty bad...so it was a long haul to find Snowy for her. :frown: Appy's trying to help too, we're going to meet another small horse tonight. <fingers crossed here>

:bawl: How terribly sad!! I'm sorry for your loss! Good luck w/ the new horse hunt. I'm sure it will never take Snowy's place, but perhaps it will help ease the pain a bit.

Gooseneck

I saw this poem not too long ago...

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
sunflower said:
gooseneck that was nice
:yeahthat: That was very nice of you; We've probably all lost pets through the years that we'll never forget, that have meant a lot to us as we went through life.

It's nice to think they have a peaceful place of their own now.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Gooseneck said:
I saw this poem not too long ago...
Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...

My daughter will like this. She wonders if Snow will remember her when they meet again, or if Snow misses her...~Thanks! Now she will know.

PrepH4U

I am so sorry! :huggy:
Here are a couple of poems that might help you and your daughter.

"At once you danced towards the light,
With eyes that shone forever bright,
And ran through youth with much gusto,
Proving your speed was not just show.
And then you came to meet with me,
You stole my heart and set it free,
For years we shared a life of dreams,
Content to walk those subtle streams.
But then our paths did take a turn,
I said goodbye, my heart it yearned,
To once again be by your side,
I dreamed of times when we could ride.
But now you've journeyed on your own,
To ride throughout that great unknown,
Your eyes still dance, I feel you near,
Whenever heaven's stars appear."

She travels now on eagle's wings,
And in our hearts the songs she sings,
Are whispered from above a cloud,
Where heaven's souls amass a crowd.
They listen like we did on earth,
To jokes she tells with tender mirth,
And hum in time with harmonies,
That float within a mountain's breeze.
She is at one now with the sky,
No longer needing help to fly,
And through her loving wilderness,
We find the gifts that she does bless.
So listen as you walk the mile,
And turn your sorrow to a smile,
For though we miss the joy she brings,
Her spirit soars on eagle's wings

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I will read each one to her tomorrow, if i can do it without crying.
I will never forget the picture in my mind's eye of her on that pony, long hair flying out, pony's little mane whipping in her face, and taylor squealing...after that last ride with her, taylor said mommy my cheeks hurt i was laughing so hard. And she was. What a grand picture they made, taylor and that pony in sync loping along behind me. I wish i could hold a camera from the back of a horse. If only i could have captured that moment on film. :frown:

jaybeeztoo said:
Happy Appy, here is a poem sent to me when I lost my mare...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll lend you for little while
My grandest foal, He said.
For you to love while she's alive
And mourn for when she's dead.

It may be one or twenty years,
Or days or months, you see.
But will you, till I take her back
Take care of her for me?

She'll bring her charms to gladden you,
And should her stay be brief
You'll have treasured memories
As solace for your grief.

I cannot promise she will stay,
Since all from earth return.
But there are lessons taught on earth
I want this foal to learn.

I've looked the wide world over
In my search for teachers true.
And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes
With trust, I have selected you.

Now will you give her your total love?
Nor think the labor vain,
Nor hate me when I come
To take her back again?

I know you'll give her tenderness
And love will bloom each day.
And for the happiness you've known
Forever grateful stay.

But should I come and call for her
Much sooner than you planned
You'll brave the bitter grief that comes
And someday you'll understand.

~~Author Unknown

Touching!! Very touching!

K

Katie

That is SO sad, I cried for days when my pony had to be put down. He had a blockage, and he was 23.

Give her lots of love, and time to cry over her.