Road Conditions?

Natron0915

Anyone been out on the road yet this morning? Like a dumb azz I figured the weather guesser's would be wrong again, and didn't stop at the store last night to get baby food and formula...:doh: I'm in the Lusby area and its coming down steady right now.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Like a dumb azz I figured the weather guesser's would be wrong again, and didn't stop at the store last night to get baby food and formula...:doh: I'm in the Lusby area and its coming down steady right now.

It's 20 degrees, the roads are covered in snow and it's still coming down.

I'm sure driving won't be a problem

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Anyone been out on the road yet this morning? Like a dumb azz I figured the weather guesser's would be wrong again, and didn't stop at the store last night to get baby food and formula...:doh: I'm in the Lusby area and its coming down steady right now.

They just said on the scanner the roads in CRE are like ice and Rt4 is getting that way too.

Natron0915

They just said on the scanner the roads in CRE are like ice and Rt4 is getting that way too.

Okay, thanks. Figure we have enough to just barely make it till tomorrow without needing to go out...I do not want to be "one of those idiots" out driving when I don't need to be. I'm sure theres plenty of them out there already.

LusbyMom

Okay, thanks. Figure we have enough to just barely make it till tomorrow without needing to go out...I do not want to be "one of those idiots" out driving when I don't need to be. I'm sure theres plenty of them out there already.

:lol: My hubby is itching to get out in it.. He is warming up the trucks now.

hotcoffee

Just walked up to get the paper. Thunderbird between the campground and the lake has a tiny little dusting of sand on it and it's a a packed sheet of ice already.

Talked to hubby whose working on the Harry Nice Bridge. He says the roads are all getting rough now. Says it started snowing down there about 6:45AM.

Natron0915

Just walked up to get the paper. Thunderbird between the campground and the lake has a tiny little dusting of sand on it and it's a a packed sheet of ice already.

Talked to hubby whose working on the Harry Nice Bridge. He says the roads are all getting rough now. Says it started snowing down there about 6:45AM.

That settles it then, gonna be a nice warm day by the fire...at least as cold as it is, shoveling should be easy :starcat:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

YES I've been out.. and STAY AT HOME..

They didn't cancel cllasses, or close SMHEC this morning so had to drive in..

Treacherous is the nicest way to describe it. If you don't absolutely HAVE to go out, don't!

I'm sure the wrecks are piling up out there..

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
That settles it then, gonna be a nice warm day by the fire...at least as cold as it is, shoveling should be easy :starcat:

I'm getting ready to start building one in our fireplace. Kids are already suited up in snow gear and are outside playing. Good day for lots of hot chocolate too!

hotcoffee

I swept the front deck steps as I went down this morning. Walked the block to the newspaper box and back to find them covered again. It's light fluffy snow right now but still it's coming down really heavy.

Man am I glad I'm not in Virginia Beach today. 2" of snow stops them in their tracks... a foot closes things for a week. I was there when they got the last big big snow. I was driving for Beach Taxi.... what a day! I made a fortune tho....:lmao:

CrabbyClark

Too old to care
I swept the front deck steps as I went down this morning. Walked the block to the newspaper box and back to find them covered again. It's light fluffy snow right now but still it's coming down really heavy.

Man am I glad I'm not in Virginia Beach today. 2" of snow stops them in their tracks... a foot closes things for a week. I was there when they got the last big big snow. I was driving for Beach Taxi.... what a day! I made a fortune tho....:lmao:

We have about 4" here in Norfolk now and could possibly get as much as 16"!! You are so right, this will cripple the area for a week!

hotcoffee

We have about 4" here in Norfolk now and could possibly get as much as 16"!! You are so right, this will cripple the area for a week!

I remember avoiding a few cars sliding out of control going into the main gate at NOB. I also remember sitting at the light at Princess Anne Plaza on VA Beach Blvd and feeling the car start to drift to the right... sitting at a light!

No snow removal equipment down there is a real drag!

Vince

Calling for 5 to 10 inches in Southern Maryland. Roads are nasty, staying home the rest of the day.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
YES I've been out.. and STAY AT HOME..

They didn't cancel cllasses, or close SMHEC this morning so had to drive in..

Treacherous is the nicest way to describe it. If you don't absolutely HAVE to go out, don't!

I'm sure the wrecks are piling up out there..

If you're saying to stay in then it must be rough.

frequentflier

happy to be living

DAMN! I have so much to do at the store. :doh:
Hubby had to go in to work again last night at midnight and will have to drive home in this later. I hope your husband gets out there today and makes lots of money towing cars and pulling them out of ditches! (does he need help??)

LusbyMom

DAMN! I have so much to do at the store. :doh:
Hubby had to go in to work again last night at midnight and will have to drive home in this later. I hope your husband gets out there today and makes lots of money towing cars and pulling them out of ditches! (does he need help??)

You wanna help? :lol:

Are you going in to the store today?

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !

Charles County is on their A game as far a reportings on the high Tech site I like watching the cameras St Mary's and Calvert is a little slow. CHART On The Web