Road Conditions?

CrabbyClark

Too old to care
I remember avoiding a few cars sliding out of control going into the main gate at NOB. I also remember sitting at the light at Princess Anne Plaza on VA Beach Blvd and feeling the car start to drift to the right... sitting at a light!

No snow removal equipment down there is a real drag!

It wouldn't surprise me if all the roads in the area were closed by the end of the day. There are already parts of 64 and 264 that are closed.

frequentflier

happy to be living
You wanna help? :lol:

Are you going in to the store today?

I would love to help! I am rusty but used to do crane rigging and have pushed, pulled, lifted and moved many different objects! Still have class A license w/ current medical :biggrin:
Have done plenty of snow removal in my time in upstate NY. I really do miss doing that kind of work!!
As much as I trust MY driving abilities, I probably won't go to the store based on ITSBOB and other peoples reports on the roads.

I just got back from Staples (in First Colony) and the roads aren't too bad yet, so long as you drive like you have some sense. However, they were significantly worse on the way home than they were on the way over, and I think they're likely to get pretty bad, pretty quickly now. If I was leaving right now, I'd probably decide not to go.

On another note - Staples and BJ's don't open until 9 AM on Saturday? That's crazy.

C

CalvertNewbie

DAMN! I have so much to do at the store. :doh:
Hubby had to go in to work again last night at midnight and will have to drive home in this later. I hope your husband gets out there today and makes lots of money towing cars and pulling them out of ditches! (does he need help??)

My hubby will have to drive home from work in this later, too. :ohwell:

I bet LusbyMom's hubby will make a lot of money today. The ditch rescues have already begun up here on my road.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
I would love to help! I am rusty but used to do crane rigging and have pushed, pulled, lifted and moved many different objects! Still have class A license w/ current medical :biggrin:
Have done plenty of snow removal in my time in upstate NY. I really do miss doing that kind of work!!
As much as I trust MY driving abilities, I probably won't go to the store based on ITSBOB and other peoples reports on the roads.

I wish we had a plow.. we will have one by next winter!

If you want a ride to the store I am sure he will gladly take you and bring you home :lol:

All the guys are on call and ready to get out there, they have been calling us all morning :lol:

LusbyMom

My hubby will have to drive home from work in this later, too. :ohwell:

I bet LusbyMom's hubby will make a lot of money today. The ditch rescues have already begun up here on my road.

Listening to the scanner it sounds like more is going on in the northern end of the county than down here.

frequentflier

happy to be living

If you want a ride to the store I am sure he will gladly take you and bring you home :lol:

All the guys are on call and ready to get out there, they have been calling us all morning :lol:

Thanks for the offer- but I don't want to go to the store :tantrum I want to go play in the snow!! :lmao: Let me know if they need any help (really!)

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm at SMHEC and we've had two women driving in to the parking lot bounce off the curb and blow their front tire..

We've been out in the snow instead of in our class helping change out tires..

One woman was actually trying to put air in her tire using a compressor.. NOT working.

Natron0915

Ha! Almost bought a plow for my ATV early this year but figured why, it doesn't snow much in SOMD...Woops, guess I will have to invest in one now.

Thanatos

Give me a holler....

I'm at SMHEC and we've had two women driving in to the parking lot bounce off the curb and blow their front tire..

We've been out in the snow instead of in our class helping change out tires..

One woman was actually trying to put air in her tire using a compressor.. NOT working.

...on the cell if you need me to come fetch ya home to the boss....

LusbyMom

Ha! Almost bought a plow for my ATV early this year but figured why, it doesn't snow much in SOMD...Woops, guess I will have to invest in one now.

:lol: When I had to pay someone to shovel my business lots during the last storm I decided that it was well worth it to invest in a plow!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
...on the cell if you need me to come fetch ya home to the boss....

Was going to offer the same.. if you get your "truck" stuck I can come out in the Land Rover and pull you out!

But STAY HOME...

Worst road conditions and driving conditions I've seen in Southern Maryland, would rival almost any conditions I've driven in New England..

And there is NOTHING at Wal Mart worth going out for.. friggin amazing how many dumazzes are still going shopping in these conditions. Six cars/ trucks at the Rod and Reel, parking lot at Wal Mart half full. Road is FULL of Soccer Mom's in the Front Wheel Drive mini-vans.

oops :itsbob:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I figured you would have driven the LR. BG let you drive the shiny new toy?:faint:

MISTAKE.. The Toyota is TOO light. Land Rover would have been the better choice this morning.

I didn't see ANY blacktop on the way home, everything is snow/ ice covered.

ABS on the Toyota works great (though might be a tad TOO sensitive), as does the traction control. Both checked out thoroughly this morning.

:itsbob:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
And yese I KNOW I'm posting as BadGirl.. butt look at that AV!! The more I post as her, the more I get to look at it!!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
MISTAKE.. The Toyota is TOO light. Land Rover would have been the better choice this morning.

I didn't see ANY blacktop on the way home, everything is snow/ ice covered.

ABS on the Toyota works great (though might be a tad TOO sensitive), as does the traction control. Both checked out thoroughly this morning.

:itsbob:

Today would have been a bad day to find out if your accelerator pedal was going to stick.