Road Conditions?

kayo

Roads here in Charles County are covered and very, very, slick. Almost got hit by an idiot that couldn't stop at a stop sign because they obviously were going to fast and came out right in front of me. Whew!!! Thank God for traction control!!!

T

toppick08

When I was a kid my brother owned a 67 Camaro that was pushing at least 400 horse with 4.11 gears. It was his only mode of transportation in the 70's and all he did was throw snow tires on the rear and go. Never ever wrecked it. Remember it was a real mother to start in the cold and the carb back fires through the hood scoop were cool at night!

Must have had a Rochester carb.........:lol:........like them old Pontiacs that would do the same....

ladyhawk

Zone 7 is the bestest..............hot and cold........and all the good suff in between...:yay:

Zone 7.. I'm assuming thats the district North of here? Too far for me.. I absoulutely love my job and even better love the fact that I'm only 10 minutes from work! But... If they have about 40 acres up there at a decent price.... The things I would do for my girls! It's a thought! LOL

June

T

toppick08

Zone 7.. I'm assuming thats the district North of here? Too far for me.. I absoulutely love my job and even better love the fact that I'm only 10 minutes from work! But... If they have about 40 acres up there at a decent price.... The things I would do for my girls! It's a thought! LOL

June

:lmao:...Plant zone.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Must have had a Rochester carb.........:lol:........like them old Pontiacs that would do the same....

Nope, just and old Holley. Looks like I have about 3 inces on the deck rail. Truck covered and daughter wants to go outside. Should take her out by the water and let her know what cold really is. LOL

ladyhawk

You're a sick woman, I'll pray for you

I love the snow.. Too bad the cold comes with it!
Maybe if you pray for me, we can get snow in the summer!

I prefer the beach in the winter and mountains in the spring!
I've been trying to figure out how to tuck my hubby into my clothes!
But I would look really strange with four arms!

He's my heater! LOL

June

hotcoffee

Anyone have an update on CRE? Hubby is on the way home from Harry Nice Bridge. He's been plowing all night... can he make it in from the Post Office to the campground in a little honda?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Anyone have an update on CRE? Hubby is on the way home from Harry Nice Bridge. He's been plowing all night... can he make it in from the Post Office to the campground in a little honda?

Does with or without dents matter??

Natron0915

Does with or without dents matter??

Lots of luck...my road hasn't been touched, probably wont be till the snow stops...GWW looks like it may have been sanded but appears to be pretty bad. I'm guessing they don't like to turn around at the new road block so we'll get moved to the bottom of the list

Roads here in Charles County are covered and very, very, slick. Almost got hit by an idiot that couldn't stop at a stop sign because they obviously were going to fast and came out right in front of me. Whew!!! Thank God for traction control!!!

With the county pre-treating with brine they will not plow until the snow stops. The snow will not stick to the roads and all they will do is drop salt and sand, if it get too deep then they will drop a plow. That will remove the salt and sand, then they will have to treat the area again so it does not re-freeze. By plowing is removes the chemicals and they get into a freezing situation...

Bottom line, if you do not have to go out just stay at home. I just got back from Charlotte Hall and Hughesville and the roads are pretty bad.

hotcoffee

I just want him home safe. I'm not hearing anything on the scanner either. Is District 1 on another frequency or something?

Natron0915

Bad idea????

Anyone ever try using a leaf blower for snow, I realize that blowing into the wind would be ill advised, but with the snow so light right now, I'm thinking it might work...

ladyhawk

I'm at SMHEC and we've had two women driving in to the parking lot bounce off the curb and blow their front tire..

We've been out in the snow instead of in our class helping change out tires..

One woman was actually trying to put air in her tire using a compressor.. NOT working.

THUMBS UP

And a big THANK YOU!
From one woman because you guys stayed to help change their tires!
I hope they remembered to say thank you!

June

Anyone ever try using a leaf blower for snow, I realize that blowing into the wind would be ill advised, but with the snow so light right now, I'm thinking it might work...

I did my driveway with my big Stihl backpack blower. As long as it is a dry snow it will work good. :yay:

ladyhawk

Hubby said our neighbor has been using his leaf blower!
So, you wouldn't be the only one doing it and if we had one, I'd at least give it a try! LOL

June