Road Conditions?

Jameo

What?!
Was going to offer the same.. if you get your "truck" stuck I can come out in the Land Rover and pull you out!

But STAY HOME...

Worst road conditions and driving conditions I've seen in Southern Maryland, would rival almost any conditions I've driven in New England..

And there is NOTHING at Wal Mart worth going out for.. friggin amazing how many dumazzes are still going shopping in these conditions. Six cars/ trucks at the Rod and Reel, parking lot at Wal Mart half full. Road is FULL of Soccer Mom's in the Front Wheel Drive mini-vans.

oops :itsbob:

But my dog needed treats, I HAD to go to walmart this morning :lmao: Roads are pretty nasty. I had no problem in AWD. But as always the idiots that think because they have 4WD and can do 60 down a nasty slushy 235 are out and about too :dork:

S

shiki

I just sit and watch the cars slipping and spinning on Tomahawk Trail. :hot:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
But my dog needed treats, I HAD to go to walmart this morning :lmao: Roads are pretty nasty. I had no problem in AWD. But as always the idiots that think because they have 4WD and can do 60 down a nasty slushy 235 are out and about too :dork:

We just got back from a trip to Broomes Island. We had one 4WD truck turn onto a back road behind us and he lost it..and then there was an accident on 4 involving a 4WD vehicle. 4WD is helpful in DEEP SNOW, not a few inches of snow/ice/slush.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!

Idiots that believe that four wheel drive means four wheel stop and totally dismiss the objects in motion stay in motion theory! :lmao:

I drove a mazda RX-7 in SOMD for 4 years in snow and everything else and never got stuck or wrecked. Just all in knowing how to drive. Of course I could never get much faster than maybe 35mph in heavy snow so trip to Waldorf from Pax to get home took a lifetime. I used to beep at morons in 4X4 in the ditches along the way.

T

toppick08

Idiots that believe that four wheel drive means four wheel stop and totally dismiss the objects in motion stay in motion theory! :lmao:

I drove a mazda RX-7 in SOMD for 4 years in snow and everything else and never got stuck or wrecked. Just all in knowing how to drive. Of course I could never get much faster than maybe 35mph in heavy snow so trip to Waldorf from Pax to get home took a lifetime. I used to beep at morons in 4X4 in the ditches along the way.

True that...real 4wd,...slow and easy...whether in snow or gumbo mud,....check that tire pressure...:lol:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Both women we rescued this morning were driving the same model cars..

Toyota CAMRY's..

Should have asked them if their throttles had stuck when they SLAMMED into the curb..

ladyhawk

Thanks for the offer- but I don't want to go to the store :tantrum I want to go play in the snow!! :lmao: Let me know if they need any help (really!)

Drove the truck to the barn (put my sporty up for the next few days)..
Rear wheel (no 4-wheel)..

CRE is out and they are trying but I think the snow is going to get the better of them. I didn't make it out to the highway and now wish I had at least taken a look!

Although the snow is light, it is coming down fast!
On the way out (1/2 to 1 Inch already) roads weren't too bad.. I did watched a guy slide sideways at the stop sign in front of me! He's okay, he made it around the turn and was on his way.. but I think he was a bit embarrassed..
On the way home about an hour or so later, build up was about 2" and roads are starting to get slippery. Even at 25 mph, the rear is slipping out a little in some places.. When I go out again later this afternoon to feed, I am going to be putting cables on my tires... I think by then, I will be needing them.....
Jeez... The things I go through for my animals! LOL

Advice to those that aren't accustomed to driving in it... STAY HOME...
To those that are used to it, just take your time and prepare ahead for those turns! LOL

And this is what I thought Maryland winters would be when we first moved here.. I was so disappointed, but I'm not this year! Snow, Snow and more snow and absolutely loving it!

June

T

toppick08

Drove the truck to the barn (put my sporty up for the next few days)..
Rear wheel (no 4-wheel)..

CRE is out and they are trying but I think the snow is going to get the better of them. I didn't make it out to the highway and now wish I had at least taken a look!

Although the snow is light, it is coming down fast!
On the way out (1/2 to 1 Inch already) roads weren't too bad.. I did watched a guy slide sideways at the stop sign in front of me! He's okay, he made it around the turn and was on his way.. but I think he was a bit embarrassed..
On the way home about an hour or so later, build up was about 2" and roads are starting to get slippery. Even at 25 mph, the rear is slipping out a little in some places.. When I go out again later this afternoon to feed, I am going to be putting cables on my tires... I think by then, I will be needing them.....
Jeez... The things I go through for my animals! LOL

Advice to those that aren't accustomed to driving in it... STAY HOME...
To those that are used to it, just take your time and prepare ahead for those turns! LOL

And this is what I thought Maryland winters would be when we first moved here.. I was so disappointed, but I'm not this year! Snow, Snow and more snow and absolutely loving it!

June

Zone 7 is the bestest..............hot and cold........and all the good suff in between...:yay:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
True that...real 4wd,...slow and easy...whether in snow or gumbo mud,....check that tire pressure...:lol:

When I was a kid my brother owned a 67 Camaro that was pushing at least 400 horse with 4.11 gears. It was his only mode of transportation in the 70's and all he did was throw snow tires on the rear and go. Never ever wrecked it. Remember it was a real mother to start in the cold and the carb back fires through the hood scoop were cool at night!