Traffic Rant Road constrction By Harris Teeter/235 & Rt 4

stgislander

PREMO Member
I guess you missed the point.

Why do we need another liquor store and another burrito restaurant? We were not at risk of running out of either.

Start with a liquor store and burrito restaurant, and end up with a Coldstone Creamery. :drool:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
No, I didn't miss "the point". Private industry does market research and assumes the financial risk when putting in a new business. You ask "Why do we need another liquor store". Well, name one liquor store that has failed. There's obviously a market demand out there. Same goes for burritos.

That ^. 100%. Last I checked it, it is not the government's business to regulate the type and number of businesses...although they do intrude in to that freedom space somewhat with liquor licenses.

Goldenhawk

Why do we need another liquor store and another burrito restaurant? We were not at risk of running out of either.

Contrary to popular belief, it's not the government that decides what business move into an area. They may try to incentivize or dis-incentivize certain businesses with zoning or taxes, but they have little actual control. Nor should they.

Yes, it sucks when your favorite place never shows up (please, Home Depot?!) or some failure-in-waiting makes a go at it (scuba shop in SoMD? Really?) but that's all free enterprise at work. Live and let live, I say.

This_person

I saw this and thought of this situation...

Then I read a comment and someone said "Not sure why my country would fix a road in Japan" .... :lmao:

In most countries, my answer would be, "What exactly do you mean by 'fixed'?" The planning to ensure the problem was "fixed" and not "covered over" would take far more than two days, if done correctly.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I guess you missed the point.

49243098.jpg

Well, here it is the 22nd of August and STILL no work being done on St. Andrew's Church Road! Come next Monday, if nothing is moving to get this POS road fixed, I'll be sending another inquiry to Steve Waugh, our rep in Annapolis. MD SHA explicitly told Del. Waugh that this work would be finished by the end of August. It's time for someone to light a fire under the azz of someone within MDOT SHA to get the contractor moving.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Well, here it is the 22nd of August and STILL no work being done on St. Andrew's Church Road! Come next Monday, if nothing is moving to get this POS road fixed, I'll be sending another inquiry to Steve Waugh, our rep in Annapolis. MD SHA explicitly told Del. Waugh that this work would be finished by the end of August. It's time for someone to light a fire under the azz of someone within MDOT SHA to get the contractor moving.

Don't look to Sen Waugh for help. He got booted in the primary.

awpitt

Main Streeter

I think you mean Sen. Waugh and, as was mentioned, don't think you'll get much response from him. He lost the primary so now he's a lame duck. You might want to contact Del. Deb Rey and Del. Jerry Clark.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I think you mean Sen. Waugh and, as was mentioned, don't think you'll get much response from him. He lost the primary so now he's a lame duck. You might want to contact Del. Deb Rey and Del. Jerry Clark.

Waugh, though he lost the primary, will still absolutely fight for those he represents until his term ends. Do not be afraid to contact him or his office. He still can bring pressure to those that can fix the issues with that road. He is one of some very few honorable politicians that are serving in Annapolis. Do not count him out.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I was coming through that area around 8:30 last night and they were setting out construction signs for overnight work so maybe they have begun to work on it again. :shrug:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Shuffling traffic barrels and road signs is pretty much the norm.

It seems that way. Too much traffic in that area (even before Teeter and Co.) to leave the road torn up like that.

WAIT - there were steel plates in the road closer to Wa Wa. Good, more destruction to cause an accident.

Justme2

Well I see really nobody knows if and when it is going to get repaired or still what they are doing?:blahblah:
I also do not understand why they have not opened FDR Blvd if you go to the unfinished end and look down a couple of Blocks you find they are doing some other extension for it I Guess?????:pete:

But if they all just wait till it gets too cold for asphalt we all can wait till it warms up to have anything repaired or opened up!!!!!:cds:

Potomac

https://www.stmarysmd.com/docs/FDRPhase1July2018.pdf

Part of the delays have been property acquisition & easement as well as funding/loans. The hold up with this portion of the road, is that the County made an agreement with residents affected by the portion of FDR coming out at Old Rolling Road, that some upgrades to Old RR would take place before FDR was opened on their end.

Justme2

Thanks fo the infor

Part of the delays have been property acquisition & easement as well as funding/loans. The hold up with this portion of the road, is that the County made an agreement with residents affected by the portion of FDR coming out at Old Rolling Road, that some upgrades to Old RR would take place before FDR was opened on their end.

:gossip: Thanks for the information, Nice to know travel it just about everyday!!!!!

CrashTest

The hold up with this portion of the road, is that the County made an agreement with residents affected by the portion of FDR coming out at Old Rolling Road, that some upgrades to Old RR would take place before FDR was opened on their end.

Although the Harris Teeter is in full swing prior to the state performing the necessary upgrades to Md Rt 4.

More Leonardtown Logic.

MiddleGround

Looks like progress on the new strip stores in the Harris Teeter lot have come to a grinding halt. Wonder what the excuse is now?