Traffic Rant Road constrction By Harris Teeter/235 & Rt 4

Salmon

Remember too Hogie brags about cutting tolls and associated fees. Where do people think highway construction and mass transit funds come from? New Jersey has a first class highway system despite being stuck with fatso as Governor for a period of time.

Remember too Hogie brags about cutting tolls and associated fees. Where do people think highway construction and mass transit funds come from? New Jersey has a first class highway system despite being stuck with fatso as Governor for a period of time.

omg.... have you ever driven in NJ on the upper part of 95/NJT towards NY/Staten Island?

Another month goes by and the road is still a disaster! MDOT SHA said in July that the intersection would be completed by the end of August! Other than put in one concrete island, nothing else has been done. I will assume that because SHA still has the "FLOODING" sign up, they still haven't addressed that problem.

I'm still waiting for someone with the County, or the SHA, to address the mess that was created and left at Airport Drive and 235 South. That area hasn't been touched since June!!!!!

FED_UP

Another month goes by and the road is still a disaster! MDOT SHA said in July that the intersection would be completed by the end of August! Other than put in one concrete island, nothing else has been done. I will assume that because SHA still has the "FLOODING" sign up, they still haven't addressed that problem.

I'm still waiting for someone with the County, or the SHA, to address the mess that was created and left at Airport Drive and 235 South. That area hasn't been touched since June!!!!!

Job security

I know it's been torn up since at least the Summer of 2017. I just saying I've not seen one person on that site since June 2018, and that was someone moving a piece of equipment. Other than that, nada, nothing, zilch!!!!

It's a damn shame that local residents have to take control to "try" and find out from SHA or the county what the heck is going on with our infrastructure projects. Why in the hell our local politicians don't get off their butts and do what they were elected to do? Todd Morgan was real quick to take credit for getting information on the Harris Teeter intersection debacle. Truth be told, I sent an inquiry to Steve Waugh in June and received a reply 2 weeks later. Mr. Waugh met with SHA and they hold him in July the work would be completed by the end of August. Todd Morgan's revelation didn't come until after that. Yet, here we are going into October and it's still not even 50% complete. And you don't hear any of our commissioners squawking at the state to get this damn project finished!!!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I know it's been torn up since at least the Summer of 2017. I just saying I've not seen one person on that site since June 2018, and that was someone moving a piece of equipment. Other than that, nada, nothing, zilch!!!!

It's a damn shame that local residents have to take control to "try" and find out from SHA or the county what the heck is going on with our infrastructure projects. Why in the hell our local politicians don't get off their butts and do what they were elected to do? Todd Morgan was real quick to take credit for getting information on the Harris Teeter intersection debacle. Truth be told, I sent an inquiry to Steve Waugh in June and received a reply 2 weeks later. Mr. Waugh met with SHA and they hold him in July the work would be completed by the end of August. Todd Morgan's revelation didn't come until after that. Yet, here we are going into October and it's still not even 50% complete. And you don't hear any of our commissioners squawking at the state to get this damn project finished!!!!

I hear you and agree. It's gone on far too long.

Forkian

Who is in charge of this project and where can we send an email to complain? Maybe if we make enough noise somebody will work on getting it fixed!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Who is in charge of this project and where can we send an email to complain? Maybe if we make enough noise somebody will work on getting it fixed!

Stage a sit in. Get about two dozen or so of other like minded folks, drive your cars to the area. Half drive and stop in the east bound lanes and the others stop in the west bound lanes and just sit there for about 3-4 hours with signs that simply say, "Fix the road". When you do it have someone make some calls to get the national media involved. It'll be a hoot!

I would say that writing letters to the Editor of the Enterprise might work. Nothing like bad press to grease the wheels of inactivity. However, I have done this very thing on this exact issue and the letters do not get published. The letters were on point and I don't know
a reason for them not to be published. A flood of letters cannot be ignored however.

SamSpade

Remember too Hogie brags about cutting tolls and associated fees. .

The problem with tolls is, they become a cash cow after a while long after they've served their usefulness.

The best example is the Delaware portion of I-95 running down the spine of the East Coast.
It's only 12 miles long, but it'll cost you four bucks to cross it.

Must be made out of gold, for it to require so much maintenance.

You and I know, that's not what is happening. As a general rule, the cost for a toll is supposed to pay for the road itself and its upkeep,
but with Delaware, all of the nation's traffic going up and down the coast is bankrolling their entire road system - and more.

It's not "paying for roads". Money is fungible - it's paying for whatever they want.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

LOL..probably the same arseclowns at SHA that decided to remove the rest of a disappearing beach and make the st. George's island roadway a beach instead. A half dozen or more times they sent trucks and an excavator down to remove the sand that kept blocking a drain under the road on the beach side. I think they've almost got it now!..the road is under the beach and the drain goes straight to the river real soon.

I wonder where they took all the sand...:doh:

dig it out.jpg final product.jpg

stgislander

PREMO Member
The problem with tolls is, they become a cash cow after a while long after they've served their usefulness.

The best example is the Delaware portion of I-95 running down the spine of the East Coast.
It's only 12 miles long, but it'll cost you four bucks to cross it.

Must be made out of gold, for it to require so much maintenance.

You and I know, that's not what is happening. As a general rule, the cost for a toll is supposed to pay for the road itself and its upkeep,
but with Delaware, all of the nation's traffic going up and down the coast is bankrolling their entire road system - and more.

It's not "paying for roads". Money is fungible - it's paying for whatever they want.

And in MD, ALL monies go into the General Fund.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Went by there last night and they are finally working on it again, putting in medians and such. I just have to wonder how long it will be until they actually fix the paving (and I use that term loosely) we have to bumpily drive over. :ohwell:

MiddleGround

I love the fact that they have put up medians and closed the right turn lane on SB 235 and Airport Road. I guess they are trying to block the view of the non-work that has been happening over the last 18 months or so :shrug: