Traffic Rant Road constrction By Harris Teeter/235 & Rt 4

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Went by there last night and they are finally working on it again, putting in medians and such. I just have to wonder how long it will be until they actually fix the paving (and I use that term loosely) we have to bumpily drive over. :ohwell:

They are *finally* paving this fustercluck! About daggone time.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It would be great if the can get done today before the 2-3 inches of rain comes in!

They work on it at night and the possible monsoon rains are supposed to hit around 7. I don't know how much they got done last night but anything is better than what it was!

Justme2

So another winter season with Orange barrels and cones. Can we or should we decorate them lights garland etc maybe small Christmas trees on each one.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
So another winter season with Orange barrels and cones. Can we or should we decorate them lights garland etc maybe small Christmas trees on each one.

It's been paved, but the temporary lines need to be removed and replaced with permanent ones.

BernieP

Resident PIA
The shine has already worn off the Harris Teeter and the road still is not finished. Total dysfunction.

A couple of other dah notes

Saw a billboard in First Colony about change in traffic pattern on 11/28. Can only assume that they are going to open FDR
I know they were working the final stage to what ever that road is that runs by Laurel Glenn. Guess it's done.

The dah part comes when I noticed all the lights along the new section. The older section from there to Rt 4 is pretty damn dark. Lights on only one side , not as many and not as bright.
Talk about the shine wearing off.

Paving and lining on Rt 4 isn't there yet.

Oops, reconsider, maybe they new traffic pattern sign just past Giant was for Rt 4 intersection. Who the F knows. I ass u me d it was for the closest intersection, First Colony & FDR,