road in CRE

hotcoffee

Anyone know how the roads are in CRE?

First of all... thanks to all the people who worked to keep the roads plowed, sanded or salted.... thank you ....

Hubby just got home... main roads in CRE are ok for now... They are far better than Town Center Drive [Calvert County Road] and they are as good as Truman or Rousby Hall... going out to 2/4. They have some work to do but my guess is they are getting some sleep now because they must have worked all night to keep them managable... Thanks JT and staff...

Rt 2/4 from the TJ bridge to CRE is like a new road... Great Job to the SHA Road Crew... Well Done....

St. Mary's Roads are good but not excellent. They have some more work to do....

Charles County Roads coming from the Nice Bridge are horrible... Washboarding... slippery.... ruddy.... big buildup in the middle of the lane that will tear the bottom of the car out when it freezes.....

That's it... Hope that helps

Mama_Mia08

Anyone know how the roads are in CRE?

Our road is not passable. However, we just have cars and we do live on a side road off of side saddle so I'm not expecting them to get to us anytime soon. I do need to get diapers though...Ugh!

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
They rolled through my court about 11pm last night and made a nice path for my neighbors that don't have 4x4 to get out. We went to walmart last night and the roads crew in CRE had it cleared pretty good but still covered so would recommend 4x4. Havent been out today to see if they have gotten down to pavement or not.

frequentflier

happy to be living
They rolled through my court about 11pm last night and made a nice path for my neighbors that don't have 4x4 to get out. We went to walmart last night and the roads crew in CRE had it cleared pretty good but still covered so would recommend 4x4. Havent been out today to see if they have gotten down to pavement or not.

At about 10:30, I went from Catalina area to the front gate and it was sloppy and there was some ice in some spots. I went 15MPH despite the mini van behind me that was in a hurry.
2/4 was perfect and it looks like there are more people venturing out. The store parking lot is plowed and I know the Pax Bike shop employees are coming in and Boomerangs looks like they are open, too.
The sun is out and that will help many of the roads. Hopefullly they will slush them off while it is melting.

OmyGawd

First of all... thanks to all the people who worked to keep the roads plowed, sanded or salted.... thank you ....

Hubby just got home... main roads in CRE are ok for now... They are far better than Town Center Drive [Calvert County Road] and they are as good as Truman or Rousby Hall... going out to 2/4. They have some work to do but my guess is they are getting some sleep now because they must have worked all night to keep them managable... Thanks JT and staff...

Rt 2/4 from the TJ bridge to CRE is like a new road... Great Job to the SHA Road Crew... Well Done....

Charles County Roads coming from the Nice Bridge are horrible... Washboarding... slippery.... ruddy.... big buildup in the middle of the lane that will tear the bottom of the car out when it freezes.....

That's it... Hope that helps[/QU

The roads in CRE are NOT I repeat, NOT well plowed or dealt with. I was out at noon today and the main roads were not well cleared at all, if at all. Big piles of slush, people pushing out the snow from their driveways and leaving it in the road. Sections of road sheer ice especially on Catalina, no sign of sanding or salting. They should have had a better plan or at least had someone out clearing the roads today as well.

O

ohsnoes

That's it... Hope that helps[/QU

The roads in CRE are NOT I repeat, NOT well plowed or dealt with. I was out at noon today and the main roads were not well cleared at all, if at all. Big piles of slush, people pushing out the snow from their driveways and leaving it in the road. Sections of road sheer ice especially on Catalina, no sign of sanding or salting. They should have had a better plan or at least had someone out clearing the roads today as well.

:yeahthat: Catalina from about the ballfields and all the way back is a mess. At noon there was a van parked (abandoned?) in the middle of Catalina. My road (off Side Saddle) is only passable with a 4WD vehicle as we've not seen a plow either. The front side roads of CRE looks like a plow was brought through one pass.

nicole_M

:yeahthat: Catalina from about the ballfields and all the way back is a mess. At noon there was a van parked (abandoned?) in the middle of Catalina. My road (off Side Saddle) is only passable with a 4WD vehicle as we've not seen a plow either. The front side roads of CRE looks like a plow was brought through one pass.

My road looks as if a plow made a pass at some point late last night but it is a snowy/slushy mess today. I live on a corner [3 way stop] and the corner is a mess - even 4x4's were slipping and sliding as I was out shoveling today. One Jeep was stuck at our mailboxes, a neighbor had to go help him out.

No salt or sand evident here. Neighbor said main road [Tomahawk] to back gate is fine.

hotcoffee

Have you all been to Drum Point? Talk about sucky work... Berreda is the pits.... CRE Thunderbird, to Chisholm, to Catalina to the gate were excellent at 2:30PM when I finally got out.... Yep there are a couple rough spots... but hey... I saw a few rough spots on the County Roads too... Town Center for example... and Berreda....

So CRE Road Crew... they did a good job.... this was a historical storm and we could move out onto the main roads... :starcat:

O

ohsnoes

Have you all been to Drum Point? Talk about sucky work... Berreda is the pits.... CRE Thunderbird, to Chisholm, to Catalina to the gate were excellent at 2:30PM when I finally got out.... Yep there are a couple rough spots... but hey... I saw a few rough spots on the County Roads too... Town Center for example... and Berreda....

So CRE Road Crew... they did a good job.... this was a historical storm and we could move out onto the main roads... :starcat:

Just because you could get out doesn't mean the rest of the ranch club could you dingdong. It is a flat out mess and there are many people who can't get out. I don't give a crap what is being done in Drum Point. They don't pay the dues that we do.

BOP

The road crew does the main roads so that people like you, who don't live off on the side roads, think the road crew does a terrific job. In reality, they're lazy SOBs who should be fired so that people who really want to work can have a job.

dan0623_2000

I would like to thanks the road crews in CRE for the good work. Main roads are clear and I had no problem getting out this morning. I do not live on any of the main roads. I am on a side street off of a side street. I have been in CRE for over 10 years and have always thought the road crews did good work with snow plowing.

O

ohsnoes

I would like to thanks the road crews in CRE for the good work. Main roads are clear and I had no problem getting out this morning. I do not live on any of the main roads. I am on a side street off of a side street. I have been in CRE for over 10 years and have always thought the road crews did good work with snow plowing.

And I would like to give the road crew a big miserable FAIL for ignoring those of us in between the airport and 2nd beach. Day 3, still no plow.

stsssn

I agree, There was/is allot of snow. The roads crew works on a very tight budget. They have to balance preparation with reality of funds. It will never be the right balance to everyone. If we were reliant on the county we would be in much worse shape.

I also thank the roads crew for there efforts.

punchbuggy

I'm way in off of the main paved roads and I got out...no 4 WD either....took some shovling out around the cars and the sun dried out a lot of where we shoveled....the Road Crew did a great job!