Roads in CRE?

OmyGawd

It seems that the roads in CRE are still not completely cleared (hills still icy with little or no sand/salt on them) and that is to be expected. But when those roads include the main arteries (Thunderbird, Catalina, Gunsmoke etc) there seems to be a big disconnect. It has been mentioned that the roads crews in CRE are not working today (money) while these conditions exist. Why aren't they working today in exchange for a different day to ensure the safety of the roads for both residents and emergency vehicles?

It seems that the roads in CRE are still not completely cleared (hills still icy with little or no sand/salt on them) and that is to be expected. But when those roads include the main arteries (Thunderbird, Catalina, Gunsmoke etc) there seems to be a big disconnect. It has been mentioned that the roads crews in CRE are not working today (money) while these conditions exist. Why aren't they working today in exchange for a different day to ensure the safety of the roads for both residents and emergency vehicles?
Does CRE have a community forum or email system where you can query your quandary?

MMDad

Lem Putt

The roads have been cleared to the point they are safe for emergency vehicles and for those residents who have the vehicles and skills to handle the situation. It is not, and should not be, the job of the road crew to towel dry every road.

OmyGawd

The roads have been cleared to the point they are safe for emergency vehicles and for those residents who have the vehicles and skills to handle the situation. It is not, and should not be, the job of the road crew to towel dry every road.

I do not expect them to "towel dry" every road. But when I hear reports of people being unable to get up the hills on the main roads because they are not fully cleared or inadequately sanded that is a concern. And this isn't just those who are skilled and have the vehicles to get around. Why should we not expect the roads to be cleared for use by all?

O

ohsnoes

I stand corrected. It was information relayed to me by various sources.

Well in December I went bat sh*t crazy over the phone after being stuck for 4 days. Maybe Huddleston didn't want a repeat of the crazy b*tch that lives east of the airport and sent out a truck :lmao: I was fully prepared to drive her insane tomorrow, but now I'll just go to work and drive my co-workers insane instead.

Earlier today I went for a walk and Catalina was an icy mess IMO. I didn't spot any snow plows either. For some reason a plow showed up about 3pm down our street.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Well in December I went bat sh*t crazy over the phone after being stuck for 4 days. Maybe Huddleston didn't want a repeat of the crazy b*tch that lives east of the airport and sent out a truck :lmao: I was fully prepared to drive her insane tomorrow, but now I'll just go to work and drive my co-workers insane instead.

Earlier today I went for a walk and Catalina was an icy mess IMO. I didn't spot any snow plows either. For some reason a plow showed up about 3pm down our street.

When I left my house at about noon today, Catalina was slushy but
easy to navigate at the appropriate speed. Most of the side roads, that I could see from Sandy Wash Circle and Catalina to the front gate, were plowed; at least one lane.
Considering the snow and wind yesterday, I think that was pretty good. The snow was not wet and heavy and most efforts yesterday would have been temporary.
Just my opinion...

O

ohsnoes

When I left my house at about noon today, Catalina was slushy but
easy to navigate at the appropriate speed. Most of the side roads, that I could see from Sandy Wash Circle and Catalina to the front gate, were plowed; at least one lane.
Considering the snow and wind yesterday, I think that was pretty good. The snow was not wet and heavy and most efforts yesterday would have been temporary.
Just my opinion...

And from Catalina North, going towards 2nd beach was a mess. We demand a lot from our roads crew and they deliver everything they've got. I do not fault the roads crew. CRE management and the BOD sucks goat d*cks though.
Just my opinion.

ladyhawk

They were out all morning yesterday trying to keep up but the snow was just coming too fast. And I saw them again this morning bustin their humps to get the roads cleared. Considering the storm totals, I think they did a DAMN FINE JOB!

Thank you GUYS

June

ladyhawk

I do not expect them to "towel dry" every road. But when I hear reports of people being unable to get up the hills on the main roads because they are not fully cleared or inadequately sanded that is a concern. And this isn't just those who are skilled and have the vehicles to get around. Why should we not expect the roads to be cleared for use by all?

The roads were adequately sanded for the experienced "snow drivers" using FWD, RWD and 4WD. The problem is there are those that think they are experienced who loose momentum on the hills and end up slowing down or stopping altogether, createing a problem for the rest of us... My husband and I ran into this problem but regardless of them, we still managed to feed my horses and still made it home with no help from anyone... It just took us longer than it should have..

June

vemoon

It is my understanding that the roads get plowed according to the policy and procedures that have been established by past boards. First, they must plow paved roads once accumulation reaches four inches and maintain those roads while it is still snowing. Other roads are not to be touched until they accumulate 6 inches. Salt or chemicals are not to be applied to unpaved roads. There is a schedule that the GM and Roads Crew has to follow for plowing the side roads which is kept in the admin. office. Depending on the type of emergency and if it is called into security, the Roads Supervisor will deviate slightly from the schedule in order to assist in that emergency.

The Roads Crew may have had some time off today for sleep because they worked 24 hrs straight, but I can tell you I watched them plow my road at approximately 6 p.m. this evening. So their back on duty.

Thank you

Veronica

Natron0915

It is my understanding that the roads get plowed according to the policy and procedures that have been established by past boards. First, they must plow paved roads once accumulation reaches four inches and maintain those roads while it is still snowing. Other roads are not to be touched until they accumulate 6 inches. Salt or chemicals are not to be applied to unpaved roads. There is a schedule that the GM and Roads Crew has to follow for plowing the side roads which is kept in the admin. office. Depending on the type of emergency and if it is called into security, the Roads Supervisor will deviate slightly from the schedule in order to assist in that emergency.

The Roads Crew may have had some time off today for sleep because they worked 24 hrs straight, but I can tell you I watched them plow my road at approximately 6 p.m. this evening. So their back on duty.

Thank you

Veronica

My road is paved most of the way and still hasn't been touched by the plows! As I stated on another thread, I had to have it done by a kid with a snow blower so I can get to work tomorrow...other storms, we have been pretty well taken care of, at least one lane done, but not this one. I still have yet to see a plow, front end loader, or even someone with a CRE hat and a shovel. The BOD should have provisions to have extra staff on during storms like this, if that's not feasible they should have provisions to sub contract out for some of the backroads (Lot's of landscape company's out there with plows on their trucks.) I'm sorry, but your statement about them working the paved roads from 4" and on simply didn't happen. GWW in my area was not touched all day yesterday, I didn't check after about 6:00 pm, so I can't speak for what they did over night.

dan0623_2000

I live on a side road off of a side road and I had no problem getting out this morning and I don't have 4 wheel drive. I quess there are just some people who like to see their whinning in print. I know they don't have the slightest concept of large scale snow removal. I often wonder if all these whinners even live in CRE.