Robbing the Cradle

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
It has been my observation the young chickee-babes that fall for the dapper graying around the temple, slightly weathered, money wad in the pocket, mid-life crisis dude lose interest and are no longer as devoted, nurturing, or interested once he suddenly takes that turn to grumpy, creaky, creepy, shriveling, money now being spent on doctors, meds and medical supplies guy. It takes a much deeper relationship for a woman to accept the change to fulltime home healthcare nurse.... you know, the older model they kicked to the curb so they could feel like a stud for just one more brief moment in time.
It really hasn't been that way in my experience. Yet, anyways, but subject to change.

SamSpade

Whenever this kind of subject comes up, my wife often says "He robbed the cradle". My wife is five years younger than me. I wasn't looking to "rob the cradle" - I was dating in my 40's and it was just hard to find anyone all that close to my age.

She was also the closest to my age of any of my previous girlfriends for many years - again, same reason. Just didn't meet women my age.

But until this weekend, I just assumed that age gaps were fairly common. Not with that weekend crowd - none more than two years, always the guy who was older. Granted, when I met my wife, I was 42 and she was 37. I honestly didn't think it was a big deal. Still don't.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Whenever this kind of subject comes up, my wife often says "He robbed the cradle". My wife is five years younger than me. I wasn't looking to "rob the cradle" - I was dating in my 40's and it was just hard to find anyone all that close to my age.

She was also the closest to my age of any of my previous girlfriends for many years - again, same reason. Just didn't meet women my age.

But until this weekend, I just assumed that age gaps were fairly common. Not with that weekend crowd - none more than two years, always the guy who was older. Granted, when I met my wife, I was 42 and she was 37. I honestly didn't think it was a big deal. Still don't.
Five years is NOT robbing the cradle. I've had gaps of 6 - 15 years. Current is 2 years younger. :biggrin:

That is no way robbing the cradle.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I was 18 and wifey was 14 the first time I proposed. I suppose that could technically be considered robbing the cradle.

I was 18 and wifey was 14 the first time I proposed. I suppose that could technically be considered robbing the cradle.
Yes, this is robbing the cradle. It’s not the gap amount alone but rather an older man going after under 30. Take it’s on and Badgirl. Yea he was already a grandpa and there is an age gap. However she was already in cougar territory so he wasn’t robbing the cradle.

Robbing the cradle… going after a young woman/girl.