Rock fish reports?

grn-thumb

Has anyone talked to about or heard anyone talking about opening day? I'm going to try and get out this week and I was just wondering if any one braved the winds on Sat.?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
My husband went out Saturday, think they got two total. Not exactly sure where they were but they left out of Broomes Island. I did see pics, nice size rock fish.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Has anyone talked to about or heard anyone talking about opening day? I'm going to try and get out this week and I was just wondering if any one braved the winds on Sat.?

Got out early on Saturday morning. Caught 2 38" and 32" before heading back to the dock because it was getting too rough.
Pt. Lookout

Rael

Supper's Ready
Got out early on Saturday morning. Caught 2 38" and 32" before heading back to the dock because it was getting too rough.
Pt. Lookout

I'm going out on Sunday, forecast is T-storms (60% chance on WX channel). But I'm overdue. :yahoo: Had one hooked last year, then lost it and didn't catch one all day. :mad:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Well, we boated our max yesterday, the biggest was around 38". It took all day, though. Left the dock at 6:00 a.m., and came back around 2:30. First bite was at 7:00, and not another until noon (boated two at noon).

When we were finally ready to give up just after 2:00, we started pulling in lines one at a time, and brought two more in.

Water was surprisingly very calm considering the forecast had been calling for rain/T-storms. We had light rain, but that was about it. A good day overall. :yay:

Had some rockfish for dinner last night, too. With a little butter, salt, pepper and lemon (325 for 20 minutes or so wrapped in foil). :drool: