Roger da Rocket....

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
... is going back to the Yankers !

He should have signed with Detroit,
then we could say:

"Sawry Roger, You Tiger Now"

anyhow,

Hope his 'old fart' shoulder gets sore trying to step up for a 'beat up' bull pen !

Was that a meam thing to say ? Sawry Roger :killingme

Last edited:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Yeah, I hate how all these people come out of retirement these days, if you are gonna retire, stayed retired. This is what? His 2nd coming out of retirement fiasco. I hope he gets lit up especially since he came back with the Yankees.

donbarzini

He is such a pantload!!! He says he wants to win. Yeah, for himself!
He goes from a 3rd-rate team to a 2nd-rate team. Why? Because he knows he'll still be looked upon as a savior. He walks into Yank-me Stadium an automatic number#1 as a starter, and in the clubhouse. He goes to Boston he is, at best, a number #3 in the rotation and behind Manny, Papi, Schilling, Beckett, and Varitek in the clubhouse. He doesn't want to be that far down the pecking order in the rotation or in the amount of post-game reporters gathered around his locker. Otherwise, his name won't be mentioned by Stuart Scott as much as he wants. For such a strong man, he has an awfully
weak ego. When he goes into the Hall I, for one, do NOT want him wearing a Red Sox cap. I want him to wear either his Blue Jay or Astro cap.

BlackSheep

The one-year contract he signed with the Yankees gives him the largest annual salary ever paid to a player-$28 million, according to ESPN.com. Although Clemens will only receive a prorated portion of that-about $18 million, assuming he pitches by early June-the resulting $4.5 million monthly salary is also unprecedented.
"As I pledged just a few days ago," owner George Steinbrenner said in a statement, "I will do everything within my power to support . . . this team. The sole mission of this organization is to win a world championship."

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
When he goes into the Hall I, for one, do NOT want him wearing a Red Sox cap. I want him to wear either his Blue Jay or Astro cap.<!-- / message -->
But, but, but, won't Roger Clemens almost always be considered as a Red Sox power pitcher? :confused:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
donbarzini said:
He walks into Yank-me Stadium an automatic number#1 as a starter, and in the clubhouse. He goes to Boston he is, at best, a number #3 in the rotation and behind Manny, Papi, Schilling, Beckett, and Varitek in the clubhouse. He doesn't want to be that far down the pecking order in the rotation or in the amount of post-game reporters gathered around his locker. Otherwise, his name won't be mentioned by Stuart Scott as much as he wants.

I disagree, no matter where he goes, press will be glued to him, and it will always be like that... And for someone who has the pull to be able to sit out a few months each year, and then still come back and get paid BIG bucks... I say go for it...IF my job told me, don't come to work from Nov-May, but we will still pay you the same every year, my ass wouldn't be at work from Nov-May :lol:

And no, I'm not a yank's fan(A-Rod yeah, yanks HELL NO), but he went with the payday, and to be honest, he will be a leader in ANY clubhouse he goes to, in Boston, New York, Toronto, ANYWHERE... he just has the experience and presence about him that will do it for him...

That, I think Petitte going back had more to do with it than anything.

donbarzini

Penn said:
But, but, but, won't Roger Clemens almost always be considered as a Red Sox power pitcher? :confused:

Not by Red Sox fans older than 30 or younger than 10. Those younger ones don't remeber him. Those older remember the last two years when he put on about 30 pounds of cheeseburgers and pitched his way out of town. Once he got his wish, he lost the weight and regained his form. And they also remember his press conference where he said he wanted to join a "winner".
TORONTO? TORONTO??? Please...what you really wanted was the ability to say who stayed and who went. And when Duquette got rid of your last buddy, Marty Barrett, instead of making new friends who would kiss you a$$, you sulked your way out of town inrto 2 consecutive 4th place finishes. A winner, my a$$! God bless Theo for not caving to that P.O.S.

All the slob is going to do is MAYBE win 5-8 games. Whoopdy do! :bigwhoop:
Oh and by the way... the way that the Stankees are playing these days... they might need to bring Babe Ruth out of the grave if they think that they are going to win the AL East this year.
P.S.
I love the fact that they are in dead last. Ha ha! :elaine: