Roger Stone sentenced!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You can murder someone in Baltimore and not get 40 months.

Perhaps that's something Trump and his new Congress in 2021 can address: sentencing guidelines and how stupid they currently are.

Reactions: BOP

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I was expecting to see the pardon announcement already.
Scott Adams mentioned on his podcast* today that Trump had retweeted a Tucker Carlson tweet without comment. Adams thinks Trump is foreshadowing.

*His Nevada debate round-up in this edition was really good. Here's the link if you're interested (total length: approx 42 mins):

--- End of line (MCP)

PsyOps

Pixelated
I was expecting to see the pardon announcement already.

Trump has already stated that he is letting the process play through. The judge is currently deciding whether to declare a mistrial because of the anti-Trump bias of the Jury Foreman, and retry Stone.

herb749

I'm surprised how quickly the anger in the media went from Trump trying to get a lesser sentence to when will the pardon come. Without no mention of how the judge reached the decision.

Trump will likely wait until after the election win or lose. Stone will likely appeal and be out of prison until its heard, which might not be for some time.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The judge is currently deciding whether to declare a mistrial because of the anti-Trump bias of the Jury Foreman, and retry Stone.

?..I thought the judge decided not to retry the case and went with the 40-month sentence.

Midnightrider

I thought the same. All the hoopla about Trump saying that was too long, and the judge seemed to agree with Trump.
the pundits on fox were speculating that the judge chose that sentence because it was exactly what Barr had recommended in the second sentencing memo. The theory is that this will put a lot of stress on Potus and Barrs relationship if POTUS pardons him after the AG said stone deserved to be in jail.
Im not really buying it, but that could be. judge Nap said it was really a matter of how the person using the sentencing algorithm answers a few subjective questions. he said depending on you you answer questions like 'did the defendant show remorse' can mean the difference between 3 years and 9.

WingsOfGold

Retry the case without a contaminated jury. Lying to congress??? Lying shitty Schiff lies to us every day, he should be hung.