'Roids?

For or against?

• I don't care if his wee wee does fall off, just win baby!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm OK with it if I know, handicap 'em like horses; tell us whose on what!

• Well...uh...I mean...what are you gonna do, right?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Where do you, sports fan, parent, gambler, stand on the issue of performance enhancing steroids for pros?

(I am assuming we all agree kids and college age should be a total no no)

Make thrre choices (cool poll feature!)

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Larry Gude said:
Where do you, sports fan, parent, gambler, stand on the issue of performance enhancing steroids for pros?

(I am assuming we all agree kids and college age should be a total no no)

Make thrre choices (cool poll feature!)

All this talk about Steroids and nobody mentions the Williams sister that looks like a longshoreman.. how conveniently she missed the olympics due to an "injury" but the day after the olympics were over she was competing in a Tennis match somewhere else..

If I got caught doing ANY illegal drugs at work I would be out on my ass.. what makes athletes anymore special.. we, the fans, pay them HUGE money, and they should know if they screw up, they will lose it all..

J

justhangn

If drugs are found, they should be jailed........and their records cut from the books!!

Sporting events are overpriced and the babies that play over paid. Now they go and dump their money into drugs? Nice to see my hard earned dollars at work! I say either play clean or don't play at all. They lost the meaning of the game a long time ago anyway. I say boycott them all!!

D

dems4me

CableChick said:
Sporting events are overpriced and the babies that play over paid. Now they go and dump their money into drugs? Nice to see my hard earned dollars at work! I say either play clean or don't play at all. They lost the meaning of the game a long time ago anyway. I say boycott them all!!

well from the gabler perspective :yeahthat:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
justhangn said:
If drugs are found, they should be jailed........and their records cut from the books!!
:yeahthat: If Dale Jr can lose 25 points for saying "SH!T" off the track, an athlete shouldn't be able to retain his record if he was on drugs earning that "record"!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Keep the government out of athletes' bodies! Athletes have the right to choose! Don't make them go back to the days of back alley steroids! You can't tell them what they can and can't do with their own body! It's a personal choice between the athlete and his/her doctor!!!

Stolen from Rush Limbaugh

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Let´s see.....

Pete Rose did something wrong that could have changed the outcome of games.
Barry Bonds did something wrong that could have changed the outcome of games.

Pete is banned from baseball for life.
Shouldn´t Barry Bonds be banned also :confused:

SmallTown

Football season!
itsbob said:
we, the fans, pay them HUGE money, and they should know if they screw up, they will lose it all..
It's a catch-22. Yes, we as fans help make them rich. But one reason they keep getting richer and richer is because fans (and teams) demand results. Face it, fans don't pack the stadium to watch singles being hit all day, running backs carrying the ball for 2.2YPC, etc... We watch for the smashing homeruns, the 50 yard touchdown runs, the dunks from the foul line.

I personally don't like steroids in sports, especially when other legal supplements out there can be nearly as beneficial and not nearly as deadly. Fans simply expect too much from athletes, and players feel "obligated" to live up to these lofty goals or they risk losing there $5 mil a year contract and $10mil signing bonus.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think if athletes want to kill themselves with steroids, more power to 'em. Most of them are a bunch of overpaid prima donna thugs anyway. You're right in that it's not fair to the athletes who don't abuse drugs, but most of what goes on in professional sports isn't fair anyway, so to hell with 'em.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What a crap attitude...

I think if athletes want to kill themselves with steroids, more power to 'em.

What about the people who are talented, training hard and the right way but are losing jobs to cheaters who aren't as good but can jump that much higher, hit that much harder or play that much longer?

Well?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
If it's okay for athletes to use drugs what are we to say to the kids out there that get confronted with the same temptation?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ken King said:
If it's okay for athletes to use drugs what are we to say to the kids out there that get confronted with the same temptation?
We say, "When you're a professional athlete with money to burn and a desire to get Alzado-ized, then you can do steroids. Until then, you do what I say."

Grown-ups do all kinds of things that kids aren't allowed to do. Tough noogs.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Grown-ups do all kinds of things that kids aren't allowed to do. Tough noogs.
Yep, grown-ups do, but these guys and gals are supposed role models for the youth that are aspiring to be just like them. What do you think the kids will pay attention to? Parents saying no or the players performing better and how that came to be.