Rolands Potato Salad

Mikes02

Any of y’all ever try the Potato Salad from Rolands Grocery store. I’m looking for an inside person that can get that recipe! Someone around here has to know what’s in it!!

Last edited:

Kinnakeet

Any of y’all ever try the Potato Salad from Rolands Grocery store. I’m looking for an inside person that can get that recipe! Someone around here has to know what’s in it!!
Potatoes mayo celery seed and maybe a pinch of sugar??? All I know is it is hands down the best I have had

Mikes02

Potatoes mayo celery seed and maybe a pinch of sugar??? All I know is it is hands down the best I have had
I’ve tried many different variations and still can’t get the flavor down! I feel like we need an inside man 🤣 another Southern Maryland Staple is the McKay’s Coleslaw. McKay’s is closing all its stores and soon that recipe will be gone. I asked a store associate for it since it’s closing and they refused to give it!!

gemma_rae

What kind of taste does it have? Never had Roland's, but a little Mom and Pop place I frequented in N.E. would put a dash of either cinnamon or nutmeg in theirs. Delicious.

Mikes02

It’s very hard to explain. It’s not overly sweet but has a hint of sweet, and it’s very creamy. I’ve tried almost every recipe on the internet and even tried to make it by taste after buying it. I think for sure it has celery seed in it.

gemma_rae

It’s very hard to explain. It’s not overly sweet but has a hint of sweet, and it’s very creamy. I’ve tried almost every recipe on the internet and even tried to make it by taste after buying it. I think for sure it has celery seed in it.
Celery seed, celery salt, or even fresh celery is pretty standard. Sweet pickle juice or sweet relish is used a lot for sweetness. Do you think it might have a dollop of sour cream for the creaminess?

Mikes02

It’s very hard to explain. It’s not overly sweet but has a hint of sweet, and it’s very creamy. I’ve tried almost every recipe on the internet and even tried to make it by taste after buying it. I think for sure it has celery seed in it

Mikes02

It may have sour creme. There is just so many possibilities that it could be. The only real way to know is from someone who works there or used to work there.

Mikes02

10B8EFE1-90FC-4AD9-996C-B1BBF7547C0A.jpeg

Potato salad in the left hand side. So you can get a feel for what it might have in it

stgislander

PREMO Member
What kind of taste does it have? Never had Roland's, but a little Mom and Pop place I frequented in N.E. would put a dash of either cinnamon or nutmeg in theirs. Delicious.
Nutmeg is the secret ingredient to good chicken salad.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I know we are talking potato salad, but it kinda sounds like the cole slaw I had from Uncle D's Grill in the Park. I was commenting to my wife how creamy it was.

gemma_rae

I know we are talking potato salad, but it kinda sounds like the cole slaw I had from Uncle D's Grill in the Park. I was commenting to my wife how creamy it was.
I know a tip for cole slaw. Lightly salt it, let it sit about 45 minutes, and then drain it. This draws the natural moisture out before you dress it and keeps it from getting too watery.:yay:

Bobwhite

I’ve tried many different variations and still can’t get the flavor down! I feel like we need an inside man 🤣 another Southern Maryland Staple is the McKay’s Coleslaw. McKay’s is closing all its stores and soon that recipe will be gone. I asked a store associate for it since it’s closing and they refused to give it!!
Bob Evans has the best cole slaw I've had next to my grandmother's. She made hers with cream, sugar and vinegar.

Mikes02

My favorite has always been KFC.
I have the mock recipe for that! I found it online awhile back!

Here’s the link!

Now hopefully someone on here can find a Rolands worker that can give me the inside details in the ingredients 🤣🤣