Roller Hockey near waldorf

harley

Hello,
I moved here this past January and am looking for somewhere to play roller hockey near Waldorf. I know they have pickup games at Capital Clubhouse, but to be honest, I dont have all the gear they require there. All I have is shin pads, helmet, gloves, skates (obviously), might have some elbow pads but I doubt it. All the leagues I used to play in didnt require chest protectors and girdles so i never had them.

Anyway, let me know is there is somewhere round here to play. I would be interested in league or pick up. Oh, and I played on a number of teams through high school and after, one included a travel team that went to Nationals. Havent played for a couple years though.

Hank

my war
Hello,
I moved here this past January and am looking for somewhere to play roller hockey near Waldorf. I know they have pickup games at Capital Clubhouse, but to be honest, I dont have all the gear they require there. All I have is shin pads, helmet, gloves, skates (obviously), might have some elbow pads but I doubt it. All the leagues I used to play in didnt require chest protectors and girdles so i never had them.

Anyway, let me know is there is somewhere round here to play. I would be interested in league or pick up. Oh, and I played on a number of teams through high school and after, one included a travel team that went to Nationals. Havent played for a couple years though.

More than likely The Clubhouse is going to be the only place where roller hockey is available in Southern Maryland. We used to play pickup games on the tennis courts of local High Schools but that was years ago.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Leonardtown Drill Hall. Roller Pickup on Mondays, Mens Adult Leagues on Wednesdays. Call St Marys Parks and Recs. Talk with Kenny Southerland

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Hello,

There is a pro shop onsite at CCH that sells ice, roller and figure skating gear. Buy some.

harley

There is a pro shop onsite at CCH that sells ice, roller and figure skating gear. Buy some.

I plan on it, iwas just trying to see if there was any where else that doesn't require all that just for pickup. I could see wearing all that in a game, but to me its a little much for pickup.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I plan on it, iwas just trying to see if there was any where else that doesn't require all that just for pickup. I could see wearing all that in a game, but to me its a little much for pickup.

I don't know whether there is checking in pickup roller hockey but I assume it is nearly as dangerous as a game situation with players flying around and the potential to get hit with a stick, puck or ball. Ice players are insured through USA Hockey. If you get hurt, unless you're insured by a governing body for roller hockey, the Clubhouse will have to pick up the tab. Proper equipment minimizes that risk. I'm just sayin'.....

harley

I played for about 8 years on multiple teams at different rinks that were outdoor and indoor. I was on a traveling team that went to Nationals and all we were required to wear in all the leagues I played in were shinguards, helmet (with cage if under 18) gloves and a cup. And we were insured by the roller hockey association, I forget the actual name.

And yes, pickup should be very minimal contact, games there is more but you still can not hit like ice hockey.

Just saying.....