Rolling Stones announce 60th anniversary European tour - and brand-new tongue

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
And a new 👅

tongue.jpg

Grumpy

Just what I want to see, a bunch of 80 year old men strutting around on a stage.
^that, it should be mandatory that rockers retire at 40...tho, I did see McCartney about 10 years ago when he was 68 or 69 and I was surprised at how good the concert was. Lots of energy and he was very engaged with the crowd.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
^that, it should be mandatory that rockers retire at 40...tho, I did see McCartney about 10 years ago when he was 68 or 69 and I was surprised at how good the concert was. Lots of energy and he was very engaged with the crowd.
I can’t really think of anyone new I’d like to go see. A few that are in their 40’s, more that are in their 50’s and even more in their 60’s

mitzi

I can’t really think of anyone new I’d like to go see. A few that are in their 40’s, more that are in their 50’s and even more in their 60’s
Nobody new for me. I'll stick with the ones I've been listening to for decades.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If they retired in there 40's, we would have missed out on tons of great music.
If only the 27 Club would have been the 67 Club...
Never a Hendrix fan
Hate Joplins voice
Amy Winehouse did the world a favor
Who else is on the list?

Grumpy

Ok, Kurt Cobain probably had some more good years. Jim Morrison was never a hit with me, but I know he was for a lot of people. The rest of the singers on that list I've never heard of.
No way to tell who would have become greater when they died at 27...Probably Cindy Lauper would have been hailed as a musical genius if she died at 27..now, not so much. Very few entertainers become greater as they age.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No way to tell who would have become greater when they died at 27...Probably Cindy Lauper would have been hailed as a musical genius if she died at 27..now, not so much. Very few entertainers become greater as they age.

I think a lot of these "legends" are only so because they died young. Janis Joplin, for one.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes. I can't imagine any of the newer bands being around in 40 to 50 years. Their music is not that good.

I was having a discussion with my then 30 year old son and I said, "Okay, Gran's generation had Elvis and the Beatles as their legends, my generation had Michael Jackson and Madonna; who is the legend of your generation?" And do you know what he said to me?

Justin Timberlake.

:lol:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I was having a discussion with my then 30 year old son and I said, "Okay, Gran's generation had Elvis and the Beatles as their legends, my generation had Michael Jackson and Madonna; who is the legend of your generation?" And do you know what he said to me?

Justin Timberlake.

:lol:
I hope there's someone better than Madonna on that list. As for a legend in the making Pink.