Romney helps GOP look for new path on climate change

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) has tried to put the focus on Senate Republicans for not having a plan to combat global warming, which has been linked to erratic weather events costing American communities billions of dollars in damages.

Amid that backdrop, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R), who represents coal-rich Kentucky, is at the forefront of efforts to roll back federal regulations on coal-powered energy, making him a close ally of President Trump on that issue.

But a group of Republicans -- Romney and Sens. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.) and Lindsey Graham (S.C.), who worked with Democrats in 2009 and 2010 to cap carbon emissions, as well as others -- have taken it upon themselves to come up with market-based approaches to addressing climate change.

“There’s no question that we’re experiencing climate change and that humans are a significant contributor to that,” Romney told The Hill. “In my view, the course forward is going to require innovation and technology breakthrough because nothing I’ve seen is going to reverse the warming trend other than that.”

“We’ve spoken about some ideas as to how we might encourage that,” Romney said of his conversations with GOP colleagues.

SamSpade

What I don't get is that unless you find a way to UNDO CO2 emissions - all you will ever accomplish is to delay what they claim will happen a little longer. If you tell your kids to stop throwing trash in the yard, they might stop or do it less - but it does nothing about the trash that is THERE unless you find the means to clean it up.

Hijinx

Romney. Lamar Burton, Lyndsey Graham who worked with Democrats. Nuff said.

Anyone who believes that we can control the climate is a damned fool.
Romney has never worked for Republicans.
He works for the glory of Mitt Romney.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
What I don't get is that unless you find a way to UNDO CO2 emissions - all you will ever accomplish is to delay what they claim will happen a little longer. If you tell your kids to stop throwing trash in the yard, they might stop or do it less - but it does nothing about the trash that is THERE unless you find the means to clean it up.

Once the world outlawed hydrofluorocarbons, what was done to heal the hole(s) in the ozone layer? Nothing. But the hole(s) have healed (perhaps not totally yet, but Mother Earth really does know how to heal if given the chance.

Hijinx

It seems to me that Romney knows about as much about the Climate as his buddy, Al Gore.