Roofing contractors

I need your opinion on Roofing companies NJ. My home needs a new roof. The first person quotes $ 4,500 to replace shingles and $ 45 for each replacement plywood. Another person quotes $ 5,500 to replace shingles and all the plywood and argued that changing patches was not the right way to do it. I went back from the first person to an offer that included replacing the whole plywood, and I got the price of $ 6300, and he claims that probably only 2-3 plywood needs to be replaced. I am a bit confused.

I will be glad of your opinion?

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
You only need to replace plywood "sheathing" that is damaged. Its possible that all of it is damaged, but unlikely.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
It sounds like the first guy who went from $4500 to $6300 was quoting a price to replace ALL of the plywood. At $50/sheet, that's about 35 sheets, a whole roof's worth He might have been giving you worst case, and he qualified with the comment that the expects only a couple of sheets to need replacing.

I'd call him back and clarify with him.

Clif.Bridegum

Like others have said, if the current plywood is good shape it won't need to be replaced. I am sure whoever you have had out so far just can't tell precisely how many sheets are needed until the shingles are removed. If anything is squishy that will certainly need to be replaced. Once the shingles are off they will be able to tell you for sure.

Not sure who you already had out to give you an estimate but if you are looking for a trusted roofer in Southern Maryland I would give G.H. Clark Contractors a call, 410-414-7060. Their pricing is certainly higher than a small single person operation but they do quality work, provide excellent service, and protect your property keeping nails etc out of your yard all the while offering fair prices.