Room Temperature

Blister

76 in my house like always. Wood stove lit for the first time this year yesterday. Sometimes it's worth it to pay for comfort.

OldHillcrestGuy

I section off the house, close the door between the family room and the upstairs kitchen/bedrooms, and set the thermostat for 55*. Set the pellet stove to 65 at night and it keeps the family room, bathroom and bedroom toasty. 71 when I got up, just kicked it up for the day. This way I'm more than comfortable, don't use more pellets than I need to, and use very little oil for the rest of the house.

I set my pellet stove at 74 last night. Replaced a old pellet with a new one last month. Usually keep the utility room door closed so that all the heat from pellet goes almost straight upstairs (split foyer) but last night kept it open to keep it warm enough in there for the water pipes. Have oil heat which is usually set on about 68. Since the new stove was recently put in, only once in about 6 weeks did the furnace kick on and that was because stove ran out of pellets overnight. I did turn the furnace up 70 and it was kicking on several times. I think because I kept the utility room door open (its on the windy side of the house) when I checked the stove this morning the stove was reading 67. So I did shut the door and with the sun out stove had come up to 69. Just don't want any pipes bursting.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Stay warm y'all.

I feel cold because it's cold outside. 69 inside right now. It's somewhere in the 20s outside. I thought the pond would freeze over but it didn't. The park is running the pond fountain but it's not freezing. 1 of my outside plants wilted. I brought it inside to see if I can revitalize it.

Hopefully this will be our only winter participation event this season.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I've had a wood stove for years. I used to buy my wood from Kelly McConkey, but....... well, you know....

Anyway... Ive been grabbing pallets from closed hardware stores throughout St. Mary's County...(some joint way down there in Bum...Egypt ) and some military installations and so forth.
Well, this batch befuddles me...when I cut the pallets with my chainsaw the wood sparkled like the 4th of July. Some stamping on the scraps said "Therm"....something.... "DO NOT INCINERATE".... well, aint nobody know nothin, so for the last 12 hours one board has burned, fell through the bottom of the stove, burned through the hearth, into my basement, through the concrete and probably half way to India... But my house is warm.
That therm-something really burns good.

No more than 2.5 seconds to done, for a hotdog on a stick.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That therm-something really burns good.

No more than 2.5 seconds to done, for a hotdog on a stick.
When I was in junior high school, the chemistry teachers would have a mass gaggle in the lab with all the 7th and 8th graders.
I was called Yucca Flats Day, in honor of the 1st atomic bomb going off.

The high point of the show was a thermite reaction.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
1 of my outside plants wilted. I brought it inside to see if I can revitalize it.

Pulp Fiction Butch Coolidge GIF

If the roots didn't take too big a hit it should regrow, though.