Root canal...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...$4,000!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm wondering if the dentist has one end of me confused with the other. I am feeling a bit...drilled.

:jameo:

Roman

...$4,000!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm wondering if the dentist has one end of me confused with the other. I am feeling a bit...drilled.

That's a little steep Larry Gude. The crown replacement itself will be expensive, at about a grand for a molar. Check with another Endodontist.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's a little steep Larry Gude. The crown replacement itself will be expensive, at about a grand for a molar. Check with another Endodontist.

What's a 'little'? I can have him pull it for $400 and be done with it. In any event, $4k is INSANE. So is $400. My perception is that the ACA is permeating everything as, as it's all gonna be insured, who cares what it costs?

H

Hodr

Just one tooth? Because google says that is between 4 and 8 times the going rate depending on the tooth and where you live. Or did you have an emergency procedure at like 2am?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I just had a root canal done, and my payment (above what my dental insurance paid) was just at $425. I don't recall what insurance paid, but I'd bet it was far less than $4,000.

Looks like you got screwed.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I just had a root canal done, and my payment (above what my dental insurance paid) was just at $425. I don't recall what insurance paid, but I'd bet it was far less than $4,000.

Looks like you got screwed.

No. I'd have had to had it done to be actually screwed. I just looked at the menu.