Root Lifter

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I abandoned traditional shampoo/conditioner for cleansing conditioner months ago. LOVE it, my hair is healthier than it's ever been.

BUT now that it's not dry I have zero volume. I dry with a large round brush against the natural growth and it looks great for about an hour. I've bought a million volumizing products and haven't been happy with any.

Any suggestions for my next million?

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
I abandoned traditional shampoo/conditioner for cleansing conditioner months ago. LOVE it, my hair is healthier than it's ever been.

BUT now that it's not dry I have zero volume. I dry with a large round brush against the natural growth and it looks great for about an hour. I've bought a million volumizing products and haven't been happy with any.

Have you tried one of the dry powders? You shake some on, bam volume. If you notice it goes flat later in the day run your fingers in your hair, puffs it back up

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Have you tried one of the dry powders? You shake some on, bam volume. If you notice it goes flat later in the day run your fingers in your hair, puffs it back up
:yeahthat: Dry shampoo would be my suggestion. I've heard good things about Aquage Uplifting Foam too, but it seems like it would make your hair crunchy.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member

I "accidentally" :snooze: washed my hair with just conditioner the other day and couldn't believe how good it looked. :lol:

I'm thinking of switching to Wen.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

I'll have to look into this powder....

:yeahthat: Dry shampoo would be my suggestion. I've heard good things about Aquage Uplifting Foam too, but it seems like it would make your hair crunchy.

I have the aerosol dry shampoo and I like that the 'best' out of everything I've tried but I'm not super crazy about it. I have a travel size Oscar Blandi can in my purse thanks to my Birchbox. :love: I have a big size Tigi at home which I like a little better.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I "accidentally" :snooze: washed my hair with just conditioner the other day and couldn't believe how good it looked. :lol:

I have super fine hair that I color, dry, curl and since I've stopped with the regular shampoo it's so much healthier. I was even using really good shampoo without sulfates.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I have super fine hair that I color, dry, curl and since I've stopped with the regular shampoo it's so much healthier. I was even using really good shampoo without sulfates.

Post if you find a good root lifter. I've tried them all... Maybe we should get perms! :jet: :waldorfhair: :lol:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
I'll have to look into this powder....

I have the aerosol dry shampoo and I like that the 'best' out of everything I've tried but I'm not super crazy about it. I have a travel size Oscar Blandi can in my purse thanks to my Birchbox. :love: I have a big size Tigi at home which I like a little better.
I know bedhead puts some out.

When you pick up the bottle it will feel like nothing is in there, only put a little on. And done.

I will look tonight while I am work, and get the name for you

Pete

Repete

You looked like you had plenty of volume last time I saw you :shrug:

lovinmaryland

My mother bought that and has been using it for a few months and I just havent had the nerve to tell her this...but I see no difference what so ever! It could just be her because she does have REALLY thin hair.

Pix I've used Ojon for a while now and just LOVE the results. Now I havent used the volume products but everything else works fantastic.
Sephora: Ojon Volume Advance™ Kit ($52 Value): Gift Ideas & Sets

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I have ultra super fine hair..and a lot of it. I have tried every single volume product in the world. long story short..some of them work for awhile, none of them work all day. I mostly use them for when I am going out..because if I use it in the morning by the end of the day my hair looks filthy and weighed down.

big sexy hair has a root pump spray foam, it works pretty well. It gets good height but is the worst for making my hair look dirty after awhile..its best for nights out.

redken guts doesn't work as well, but I rarely have it weigh my hair down, better for all day.

I have a got 2b thickening hair spray that actually is pretty impressive..its made to go in dry, already styled hair but really does volumize the hair right away..only problem is, because it goes in dry hair and has a spray nozzle..it thickens in patches..and it takes a lot of messing around to get it to give an overall plumped up look..and it looks dirty fast, too.

Personally, in general I have a spray gel meant for fine hair that I spritz in my hair when wet, blow dry upside down, then I backcomb the crown of my hair with hair spray then a spritz or two of the thickening spray and a hand fluff. That usually gets me good volume and clean looking hair for several hours.

I have tried the powder, my mom has it..but it is hard to place strategically, gets everywhere and makes your hair feel weird and sticky..and I personally didn't see THAT much height..

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Do you love it? They've been a little hit or miss lately. My best boxes were from when I first signed up, but I love it when I get a nail polish!

I do love it. I get some stuff that makes me scratch my head (paper coasters for example) but I'm a lip gloss junkie and have gotten at least 3 out of the 4-5 boxes I've recieved.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I do love it. I get some stuff that makes me scratch my head (paper coasters for example) but I'm a lip gloss junkie and have gotten at least 3 out of the 4-5 boxes I've recieved.

Sometimes I get an entire box that's a bust, but that's the risk you take, I suppose. :lol:

CRHS89

I used to use Guts, but i switched to Pureology Silk Bodifier (volumizing mousse). It is light and soft. i like it best of anything I have tried. They also have a volumizing spray, but it leaves a film on your hair, which I don't like. If I touch my hair anytime later that day, my hands feel dirty.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I was more interested in Birchbox. I'm going to sign up after looking over the site. Who wants the referral points?