Ross executed.

Ross had rejected all efforts to halt his execution, saying he wanted to die. But his father and court-appointed attorneys tried to stop the state from proceeding, claiming Ross was not competent to drop his appeals.

Ross admitted killing eight women -- six in Connecticut and two in New York -- as part of a crime spree in at least five states.

I will never understand why people insist on trying to stop the death penalty for dudes like this. May his victims and their family finally have peace.

Vince

kwillia said:
I will never understand why people insist on trying to stop the death penalty for dudes like this. May his victims and their family finally have peace.
:yeahthat: It took them long enough to get this guy executed. He committed the crimes back in the 80's. :yikes:

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
Vince said:
:yeahthat: It took them long enough to get this guy executed. He committed the crimes back in the 80's. :yikes:

Welcome to the judicial system......please take a seat, a number and a bed and we'll let you appeal until hell freezes over. :duh:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Vince said:
And he should have been executed in the 80's. Just think of all the money New England could have saved. :ohwell:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Chasey_Lane said:
And he should have been executed in the 80's. Just think of all the money New England could have saved. :ohwell:

What is most mortifying about this case is that it took 21 years to execute someone who wasn't fighting the sentence!

But then, again, this is New England where a Kennedy or two can get away with murder and a coward can get elected to the Senate (and almost the Presidency).

tomchamp

Do They?

Do they use a cotton ball with alcohol on it and wipe the spot where they are going to stick the needle? :confused: If so, Why? :shrug:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
tomchamp said:
Do they use a cotton ball with alcohol on it and wipe the spot where they are going to stick the needle? :confused: If so, Why? :shrug:

'cause the ACLU would be on their AZZ if they didn't. You never know if the phone will ring as the plunger is starting to move.

I wonder if they bother flushing out all the air in the IV tubing too.

tomchamp

Lenny said:
'cause the ACLU would be on their AZZ if they didn't. You never know if the phone will ring as the plunger is starting to move.
I wonder if they bother flushing out all the air in the IV tubing too.

Maybe they have caller ID, "hey it's the Gov", "don't answer it" :dance: