Roundworm?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I was trying to avoid a costly bill from Solomons Vet and take the kittens to Calvert Well Pet for their first visit on Monday but looks like that won't happen. Stepped in something damp when I got up from work and saw this on the floor. Is it a roundworm? Also, Gracie has had diarrhea once a day for the last 3 days. Guess I am going to Solomons Vet today. :ohwell:

Attachments

• 20200611_024141.jpg
    20200611_024141.jpg
    623 KB · Views: 568

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I can only imagine. I know that you know it's nothing to mess with but please keep an eye on yourself. :huggy:
I have been monitoring their poop when I can catch them going. No signs until today. What is weird is that I think whoever did it, threw it up. It was on the floor amongst wetness. Not poop.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I had a stray that threw up some kind of parasite worm. I took it and him to the Vet. I forgot what it ended up being.
I have the worm in one bag, diarrhea in another (although it has soaked into the tp), and some solid poop in another. No idea who did the solid but Gracie had more diarrhea just now. Energy level and appetite is through the roof for both so I am hoping I caught it in time.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Sounds like you did! I had a picture up earlier of roundworm in vomit - I re-read my post and had to take it down - giving me the dry heaves just looking at it.
Do you or anyone else know if Calvert Well Pet Clinic would see them for this or as the name states, well pets only. Would love to combine both visits if possible since I was already going there on Monday for their check up and shots if they were old enough.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Been trying to call St Mary's Vet since they said they opened at 7am. Got a recording that they were closed but would open at 7. It was a little after 7. Kept calling in between calling other vets. Have gotten a "we are in a staff meeting" recording for well over an hour and a half.

Booked the Saturday appointment at Solomons since they could at least get me in but will keep trying other vets. They seem ok and are eating and running around like nuts so I am not worried the end is near but I am definitely worried.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I took Benji to the one in Lexington Park to get fixed. I think they examine for heartworm but I'm not sure if they treat. They're good people, reasonably priced. There's another vet in Callaway that's reasonably priced - can't remember the name at the moment. I take my crazy canary there to get a pedicure.
I called Solomons, Prince Frederick, Three Notch, St Mary's and I think two others I can't remember the name. No appointments available. Saturday looks like my best shot or the emergency vet if something changes.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I don't know much about cats but I'm betting Saturday would be fine - you're a good cat mommy to be so concerned about them. :huggy:
This is what I get for trying to save some money. I should have taken them to Solomons when I got them two weeks ago. Not wait to get them in at Calvert Well Pet. :jameo:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Well... I found out who the wormy baby is. Miss Gracie. She had 3 bouts of diarrhea this morning and I managed to catch a view of the last one before she buried it. There was a worm. Guess the dewormer I gave them last night is working as I read reviews on it and it said a day later they'd be pooping out the dead worms.

Speaking of poop :lol: , I don't know what the heck is wrong with these two but it never fails. They poop and then turn to cover it up and step right in the middle of it. Then they have poo and litter stuck between their toes. If I catch them, I grab them and stick their foot under running water to clean them up. If I don't, they discard little chunks of clumped litter all over the floor. :barf: