Rt. 4 South of Prince Frederick

Toxick

Splat
SLOW DOWN PEOPLE and don't be in such a rush to get from your Point A to your all important Point B!!!

If you're diabetic, with blood sugar reaching critical mass, and Point B is where the food is....

Don't judge. You don't know me.

puggymom

I left Prince Frederick at 5PM. At first Rt 4 was moving... slow but moving.... so I hung with it.... then it stopped....

I know the Sherriff's office can't put all their resources in one place... but hey... it would be helpful if some of the officers would do some traffic control rather than standing around the scene.

It took me 3 hours to get from Prince Frederick to Lusby.... That's really ridiculous.

I know it was a horrible accident. I know they do the best they can do... but getting traffic moving somehow without ruining the evidence at the scene should be a priority as well. Dispatch an officer to the site to keep traffic moving away from the site... then place officers at the intersections... [like Sixes and Grays... Grays and Brooms Island.... etc.]

I'm always brilliant when I am the armchair quarterback.... lol

:coffee:

My hubby said the same thing. He was on his way to work and said making the left from Grays to Brooms Island was extremely hard withthe excess traffic. He wished there was someone directing traffic there.

edreedisgod20

When I came through around 615, there were SHA guys at the Grays/Broomes intersection and at the Grays/Sixes intersection directing traffic...it probably just took them a bit to get there due to the roads being two lanes and there not being an easy way around the traffic to those locations from where they are based.

greeneyes36

If you're diabetic, with blood sugar reaching critical mass, and Point B is where the food is....

perhaps it might be helpful if you carried a few Glucose drinks (15mg carbs per 4oz bottle) sold for 1.99 @ most pharmacies, or a few packs of peanut butter/crackers.

hotcoffee

When they said there was an accident on Rt. 4 Northbound this morning I thought they were pulling my leg.... and then the brake lights all came on....

:cds:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
The driver of the car, 75-year-old Allen Leroy Parker, was pronounced dead at an area hospital. Police say Parker was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash and was ejected from the car.

Officials say the ambulance's emergency lights and sirens were activated.

The woman driving the ambulance, 23-year-old Katie Kreider, was taken to a local hospital with serious injuries. She is listed in stable condition.

Man Killed in Crash With Paramedic Unit | NBC4 Washington

Rt235

IF you really are a diabetic, you carry food in your car..protein bar, candy, fluids, etc. and you check you blood sugar on a regular daily basis.

If you care about yourself...you will do this...otherwise, have a nice crash and try not to take anyone out in your stupid accident!

Rt235

When they said there was an accident on Rt. 4 Northbound this morning I thought they were pulling my leg.... and then the brake lights all came on....

:cds:

Hey, I was there too!! Got stuck just after Brooms Island Rd. (at about 8:05am) 30 minutes to get past the accident! Heard the news on STAR 98. County bus involved and a big spill which was covered in sand at the median.
Hear a lot were injured on the bus, but no fatalities.

Folks, ya gotta slow down in the congested parts of 2/4! Please!!!

greeneyes36

My mother was a diabetic, she never left the house without p-nut butter crackers.

hypoglycemia here... i never leave the house without 2 bottles of the glucose in the car...drops extremely quick when it does and there is no "eating" anything until it comes back up... keep them stocked in the fridge at home. it amazes me how people don't take precautionary measures to rescue themselves. My mother is a diabetic - 36 yrs now... never leaves home w/out a stock of crackers either.

Roman

A tube of Cake Icing for a quick fix, box of Apple Juice which is better than Orange Juice, or a small jar of Peanut Butter are also things you might carry with you.

hotcoffee

Did anyone actually see these accidents happen?

Is there an issue in that area where they need some guardrail?

Seems like a lot of people seem to be drawn across the median.

There was a blue car "MGR-4" this morning tearing up the road. It was right before I heard 98.3 take the call about the wreck this morning. They passed me so fast I had to look down at my speedometer to make sure I was moving. Wonder if he/she caused the whole thing.

All I know is I'm tired of sitting in traffic. This ain't DC or Montgomery County.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
In reference to traffic moving then not moving, the road was probably shut down to do reconstruction and a death investigation. Can't shut down the road until the emergency vehicles (more so the ambulances and fire trucks) quit disturbing the scene.

Dakota

~~~~~~~

There was a blue car "MGR-4" this morning tearing up the road. It was right before I heard 98.3 take the call about the wreck this morning. They passed me so fast I had to look down at my speedometer to make sure I was moving. Wonder if he/she caused the whole thing.

All I know is I'm tired of sitting in traffic. This ain't DC or Montgomery County.

Although this started out as a thread about an accident, I believe it is about 'blood sugar' issues now. :ohwell:

Roman

Sometimes, when a vehicle is running at a high rate of speed, it is hard for even young eyes to see how quick the car is coming at them. In this older Gentleman's case, he may not have had his glasses with him, maybe he looked to the left and the Medic Unit was not there at that second, so he made his turn. For the most part, that area is pretty clear, and straight. IMO, I think Sixes Road needs a light mainly because it's almost like playing Russian Roulette pulling out of there between the hours of 4, to 6 PM week days. Who knows? It's just a very sad thing this had to happen.

mamatutu

mama to two
There was a thread recently that talked about slowing down in expectation of someone pulling out. Obviously, the responder vehicle was not expected to slow down. That very intersection is one of the places I always take my foot of the pedal, because I have seen too many cars shoot across in the nick of time. I am so sorry this happened because there was no way to avoid that circumstance. Also, maybe if the older gentlemen had been wearing his seat belt, he would be alive. Someone suggested on this thread to make that a right turn only like they did at Main Street. I don't know if it would have prevented this accident, because we don't know why the deceased didn't see the responder. So, then if it is a right turn only, and you want to go north, you would have to make a U-turn. No way/where to drive is totally safe, and we have to use our own better judgment.

frequentflier

happy to be living
There was a thread recently that talked about slowing down in expectation of someone pulling out. Obviously, the responder vehicle was not expected to slow down. That very intersection is one of the places I always take my foot of the pedal, because I have seen too many cars shoot across in the nick of time. I am so sorry this happened because there was no way to avoid that circumstance. Also, maybe if the older gentlemen had been wearing his seat belt, he would be alive. Someone suggested on this thread to make that a right turn only like they did at Main Street. I don't know if it would have prevented this accident, because we don't know why the deceased didn't see the responder. So, then if it is a right turn only, and you want to go north, you would have to make a U-turn. No way/where to drive is totally safe, and we have to use our own better judgment.

"might" would be more appropriate.