Ruger PC Carbine

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Yes. I wasn’t aware the had a .40 version.

Good handy carbine. :yay:

limblips

PREMO Member
Anyone have one? I think I want to buy the 40 S&W version.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html
Friend bought one because he could use straight walled cartridges in a rifle for deer in Ohio. I have shot it at the range. Good shooting but I doubt I would try a deer past 75 yds or so. There are many rifles chambered for handgun ammo that will do the same job. .44 mag comes to mind and the .357.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Nice looking carbines. I've got an Alaska Guide rifle (lever action) in .45 Colt that takes down, though...I'll have to put that Ruger on the list of "must haves" but not at the top right now. ;-)

black dog

Free America
But its Black ....
And ugly for sure, Davidson's has a version out now that has a different look to it. Maybe if it had a bigger receiver and came in 10MM...

The 9 and 40 should be able to use Glock mags, that way you could get 30+ rounds in a reliable magazine.. #Rugermissedtheboatyetagain.

nutz

And ugly for sure, Davidson's has a version out now that has a different look to it. Maybe if it had a bigger receiver and came in 10MM...

The 9 and 40 should be able to use Glock mags, that way you could get 30+ rounds in a reliable magazine.. #Rugermissedtheboatyetagain.
The presss release says you can :sshrug: But yeah, good looks aren’t really there

• Interchangeable magazine wells for use of common Ruger® and Glock® magazines. Ships with SR-Series™ pistol magazine well installed and an additional magazine well accepting Glock® magazines is included*. Ruger American® Pistol magazine wells are available at ShopRuger.com.

black dog

Free America
Am I missing something? 9 appears to be doable for $30

The presss release says you can :sshrug: But yeah, good looks aren’t really there

• Interchangeable magazine wells for use of common Ruger® and Glock® magazines. Ships with SR-Series™ pistol magazine well installed and an additional magazine well accepting Glock® magazines is included*. Ruger American® Pistol magazine wells are available at ShopRuger.com.

Good on Ruger, you can tell Bill is dead. It never would have happened with him still at the helm. Bill ten rounds or less Ruger.

PeoplesElbow

Kinda Meh in my opinion why shoot a pistol bullet from a rifle ? Okay maybe more accurate.
It is more or less a toy that would happen to share ammunition with a pistol if mine.

Was really hoping Henry would make a Big Boy in 40 by now, but have given up on that idea.

black dog

Free America
It is more or less a toy that would happen to share ammunition with a pistol if mine.

Was really hoping Henry would make a Big Boy in 40 by now, but have given up on that idea.
The odds of a rimless handgun cartridge being made in a lever is slim. The only one I know of was a Marlin Model 62 "Levermatic" in 30 Carbine.
There might be more, but I haven't seen any.

Bonehead

I knew a guy that lost part of his hand in one of those stacked cartridge tube type guns, it was a .45 that went off in the tube for some reason.

black dog

Free America
I knew a guy that lost part of his hand in one of those stacked cartridge tube type guns, it was a .45 that went off in the tube for some reason.
A cartridge that has ignition when not in a barrel / chamber doesn't have much Kaboom, most likely it was a chambered round failure or a firearm that fired out of battery and the easiest place for the huge amount of gas to go is down through the magazine.

Midnightrider

it ac
A cartridge that has ignition when not in a barrel / chamber doesn't have much Kaboom, most likely it was a chambered round failure or a firearm that fired out of battery and the easiest place for the huge amount of gas to go is down through the magazine.
it actually has the exact same amount of kaboom. A round that is not in a chamber is going to explode in all directions. The bullet wont go anywhere unless the pressure is directed, but the casing will turn to sharpnel. If that happens in a tube mag like the other person indicated it would likely blow the sides out of the tube and could injury the person holding the gun.