Rumber Flooring for Horse-trailers?

SugarNSpikes

Have any of you used it? I'm getting mixed reviews - on one hand, it seems neat and the lady that I talked to on the phone said that she won't sell any wood/matted trailers, and that it's just so easy to clean out and that it will last forever and a day.

It worries me because she quoted me a REALLY good price on a Hawk trailer, but under the condition that it has this rumber flooring, and I've just heard so many negative things about it.

So what would you all say?

SugarNSpikes

ok this may sound stupid but what is RUMBER flooring?

It's a new flooring that's out, and it's like [this is how I describe it, but it's probably not accurate] this really super-heavy duty rubber mat floor..

Horse / Livestock Trailer Flooring / Ramp Boards / Trailer Products by Rumber Materials made from 100 percent recycled materials and rubber

That link tells more about it. It seems neat, but because it's relatively "new" [or to me anyway], I'm weary of it.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Check the trailer forum on this site Horse Trailer World- Used trailers for sale, New trailers for sale, trailer classified ads, trailer manufacturer news and more. . You should find plenty who have it and can give you their opinions.

Rumbar seems like a great concept. If it's the only way you can get the trailer you're looking at and you end up not liking Rumbar you can always put conventional mats overtop.

I have it in my new one...I LOVE IT! No more dragging out mats to clean underneath, just spray the trailer out! Also no more rotting wood. It has great traction. The only thing that is a little more difficult is sweeping sawdust off of it to make it perfectly clean because it is textured. And that doesn't bother me, when I want it that clean I hose it or blow it out.