rumor-mongering

The Oyster Guy

Why do you keep saying "you guys"? I have said the complete opposite yet you keep lumping my in this category. Why do you do that?

Oo, Oo, Ooh - can I answer this one? It's because that's how the partisan mind works: when issues are framed as "the good guys vs. the bad guys", or the world is cast in black and white, rather than shades of gray - then one need not invest the effort in digesting the subtleties and nuances of complex issues. It's really soooooo much easier....

camily

Peace
Oo, Oo, Ooh - can I answer this one? It's because that's how the partisan mind works: when issues are framed as "the good guys vs. the bad guys", or the world is cast in black and white, rather than shades of gray - then one need not invest the effort in digesting the subtleties and nuances of complex issues. It's really soooooo much easier....

Ahhh, makes perfect sense. TY.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm sorry

How many times does one have to say they don't care who or what Palin's daughter sleeps with before you guys leave it alone?
Who is attacking her? Why do you keep saying "you guys"? I have said the complete opposite yet you keep lumping my in this category. Why do you do that?

...you guys AND girls. :lmao:

Pete

Repete
Ding ding ding! Ok, maybe not by the peeps here but by the old tired republicans that are surely having heart attacks all over the country but can't admit that they are appauled. Come on, you know they're out there.

Naw, if Joe's daughter were preggers, we would almost certainly be hearing comments from the Rushbots like "It must have been the sex education classes!", or maybe "She did it for the welfare!", or "Yep, she's definitely a democrat: seventeen, unwed and pregnant!"

OK then you two, lets look at the last few democratic candidates.

Can you, without itting google tell me the name of just one of Al Gores Kids, how about Lieberman, Kerry or Edwards? Can you point out any stories where the media dogged them or started rumors?

Now lets look at the hatchet job done on Reagan's kids, Mary Chenney, The Bush twins and now Palin.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You mean...

Can you, without itting google tell me the name of just one of Al Gores Kids, how about Lieberman, Kerry or Edwards? Can you point out any stories where the media dogged them or started rumors?

Now lets look at the hatchet job done on Reagan's kids, Mary Chenney, The Bush twins and now Palin.

...that herb huffing, private school hard head who cost his dad the WH????

That one? :lmao:

ylexot

Super Genius

They procreated?!?! :burning:

Only thing I can remember is ALGORE getting blasted for getting Chilean Sea Bass for his daugher's wedding, but that was fairly recent.

The Oyster Guy

The hatchet jobs on Chelsea Clinton, and John Kerry's daughter also come to mind...

Pete

Repete
The hatchet jobs on Chelsea Clinton, and John Kerry's daughter also come to mind...

Refresh my memory of what hatchet job was done on Chelsea Clinton.

Also refresh my memory of what was done to the Kerry sisters. Include the one who cruised around France showing her nipples. I don't remember "Nipplegate"

tommyjones

Also refresh my memory of what was done to the Kerry sisters. Include the one who cruised around France showing her nipples. I don't remember "Nipplegate"

obviously you do:whistle:

Toxick

Splat

Limbaugh said she was a dog.

Also The L.A. Times - that shimmering beacon of Right Wing GOP mind-control - also printed a characature of her that was ... unflattering.

:shrug: I didn't even know Kerry had sisters.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Stop wasting your time. These people are insane.

They insist that "you guys do it too!" yet cannot come up with one single example outside some parody site and their fertile imaginations.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Um no. It was on the Today show and the New York Times.

And you're so far gone that this didn't even remotely seem inappropriate to you???

Don't vote for John McCain! He's so stupid he forgot to tell his VP picks daughter's boyfriend to make his MySpace private!

:rolleyes:

It's going to give me a LOT of pleasure when Barack Obama gets his ass whipped in November. I will laugh in your face.

camily

Peace
Stop wasting your time. These people are insane.

They insist that "you guys do it too!" yet cannot come up with one single example outside some parody site and their fertile imaginations.

You're right. Republicans are next to saints and do nothing wrong, speak only kind words and have virgin ears. If only I could be as morally perfect as they are.

camily

Peace
And you're so far gone that this didn't even remotely seem inappropriate to you???

Don't vote for John McCain! He's so stupid he forgot to tell his VP picks daughter's boyfriend to make his MySpace private!

:rolleyes:

It's going to give me a LOT of pleasure when Barack Obama gets his ass whipped in November. I will laugh in your face.

Boy, you guys are no fun at all.