rumor-mongering

camily

Peace
Oh stop. The rumors were so far off the mark it's ridiculous.

And I still think Democrats need to leave the kids out of it. Do you not agree?

Like Chelsea Clinton was left out of everything right? Nobody EVER talked about or made fun of her. :rolleyes:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Like Chelsea Clinton was left out of everything right? Nobody EVER talked about or made fun of her. :rolleyes:
I don't recall that much talk about Chelsea. There were certainly no accusations that she was preggo and mommy covered for her. :shrug:

camily

Peace
I don't recall that much talk about Chelsea. There were certainly no accusations that she was preggo and mommy covered for her. :shrug:

No. They talked incessantly of how ugly she was though. That has to do wonders for your self esteem.
I have no problem with Bristol being pregnant. I would never have believed the BS of her mom covering up her pregnancy as being her own. I bet there are alot of old republicans who think it's horrible though. I like Palin, not sure of her qualifications though. Then again, how much do you really need to be vice president? :lol:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
No. They talked incessantly of how ugly she was though. That has to do wonders for your self esteem.
I have no problem with Bristol being pregnant. I would never have believed the BS of her mom covering up her pregnancy as being her own. I bet there are alot of old republicans who think it's horrible though. I like Palin, not sure of her qualifications though. Then again, how much do you really need to be vice president? :lol:
I almost took an ugly jab at her but passed...:lmao:

Now as for her qualifications..... she's more qualified AND has more experience than Obama. So we'll be counting on your vote on the McCain/Palin ticket! :jet:

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
I believe Chelsea was in the news a lot less than the Bush girls. Somehow children's behavior gets blamed on the parents, not the children. Silly.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Oh stop. The rumors were so far off the mark it's ridiculous.

And I still think Democrats need to leave the kids out of it. Do you not agree?
How were the rumors "so far off the mark? The rumor was the the daughter had had a baby. The rumors were wronge about the timeline. It wasn't that she had had a baby. It was that she is going to have a baby.

....and yes, I agree that everyone should leave the kids out of it. While it seems it is unexpected, it is no less a joy to become a grand-parent. I know that feeling first hand. Wrether Palin becomes VP or not, these next few months are going to be exciting for her whole family.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Who is "they"? Rush Limbaugh made one remark that he paid for, but I don't recall anyone else busting on Chelsea a whole lot. Cite your source.
You're right. The Clintons asked the press to lay off of Chelsea and they did.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Tony!!!

How were the rumors "so far off the mark? The rumor was the the daughter had had a baby. The rumors were wronge about the timeline. It wasn't that she had had a baby. It was that she is going to have a baby.

The rumors were that the daughter had had a baby and for reasons only known to the left wing psychotics among us that the mother was claiming it was her baby. Apparently, in their minds, being pro life and having a child, a daughter having a child, is not cause for celebration but cause for hiding it.

I can not speak for the blackened souls that figured, somehow, that this was a bad thing, a conspiracy of some sort, a thing needing to be hidden.

But THAT was the rumor.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

:nono: The rumors were that Bristol HAD the baby & Sarah was covering by saying that she (Sarah) had the baby. Way off the mark. So bad in fact that even Dkos had to retract it.

camily

Peace
Who is "they"? Rush Limbaugh made one remark that he paid for, but I don't recall anyone else busting on Chelsea a whole lot. Cite your source.

John McCain made this odious joke about Chelsea Clinton back in ‘98.

Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno.”

– Sen. John McCain, speaking to a Republican dinner, June 1998.

Not only is McCain’s hideous attempt at humor about 10 times more tasteless than what Shuster said (as the David Corn article notes, newspapers that reported on the joke wouldn’t even print it), but while the newsman’s ill-conceived comment was at least spontaneous, McCain’s joke was a prepared remark to a public audience.

Chelsea Clinton

Just a couple.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Not only is McCain’s hideous attempt at humor about 10 times more tasteless than what Shuster said (as the David Corn article notes, newspapers that reported on the joke wouldn’t even print it), but while the newsman’s ill-conceived comment was at least spontaneous, McCain’s joke was a prepared remark to a public audience.

Chelsea Clinton

Just a couple.
Camily, sweetie, baby, snookums, .....

That link is to a British tabloid in the UK! And it's AFTER daddy was out of the Whitehouse. In fact, it's dated TODAY!! :lmao:

camily

Peace
Camily, sweetie, baby, snookums, .....

That link is to a British tabloid in the UK! And it's AFTER daddy was out of the Whitehouse. In fact, it's dated TODAY!! :lmao:

I just picked one real quick. Simply, I remember it happening.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Mmmm...I never heard that, and I'm sure it would have been widely reported. So I'm skeptical that McCain ever said that.

As for the drunken Chelsea stories, that wasn't coming from the Republican camp, any more than drunken Bush girls stories were coming from the Democrats. It was just media crap.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
It's like ice in the DU Kool-Aid

Mmmm...I never heard that, and I'm sure it would have been widely reported. So I'm skeptical that McCain ever said that.

As for the drunken Chelsea stories, that wasn't coming from the Republican camp, any more than drunken Bush girls stories were coming from the Democrats. It was just media crap.

Nobody over there even asked for a link or factual proof of the rumor.

ImnoMensa

I tried to find it at Snopes,but couldnt get it to come up. maybe someone else can.

It appears the joke was around, cant find any reliable information linking it to McCain.

camily

Peace

He apparently said it. It's all over the place.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
John...

He apparently said it. It's all over the place.

...McCain didn't suddenly become a saint by picking Palin. He's been an azz numerous times over the years. I think I recall him making the cracks about Chelsea. I know Limbaugh did.

None of it, in my view, matches the ugliness going on right now about Palins kid. Last night, some ####tard lead into his attack by pointing out the hypocrisy, as he saw it, of the GOP'ers by attacking Bill and so forth over the years. He was actually making the analogy that Bill Clinton, president of the United States, cheating on his wife, yet again, was analogous to what a 17 year old is up to. And then some lefty woman picked up on the same theme.

And pathetic Susan Molanari, one of the righties, totally wiffed on it. This where the GOP is in trouble; not being able to be a strong rebuke about the easiest of attacks to counter.

So, yeah, I have no doubt McCain said something ugly 10-15 years ago and I'm sure he got in hot water over it, but jokes at some dinner, even ugly ones, is nowhere near the same as the vulgar public debate going on right now over Palins private life.

I'm not buying into this moral equivalence horse####.

camily

Peace
...McCain didn't suddenly become a saint by picking Palin. He's been an azz numerous times over the years. I think I recall him making the cracks about Chelsea. I know Limbaugh did.

None of it, in my view, matches the ugliness going on right now about Palins kid. Last night, some ####tard lead into his attack by pointing out the hypocrisy, as he saw it, of the GOP'ers by attacking Bill and so forth over the years. He was actually making the analogy that Bill Clinton, president of the United States, cheating on his wife, yet again, was analogous to what a 17 year old is up to. And then some lefty woman picked up on the same theme.

And pathetic Susan Molanari, one of the righties, totally wiffed on it. This where the GOP is in trouble; not being able to be a strong rebuke about the easiest of attacks to counter.

So, yeah, I have no doubt McCain said something ugly 10-15 years ago and I'm sure he got in hot water over it, but jokes at some dinner, even ugly ones, is nowhere near the same as the vulgar public debate going on right now over Palins private life.

I'm not buying into this moral equivalence horse####.

Agreed.
Both sides do it. Both sides have a$$holes. Both sides can be stupid and immature.