rumor-mongering

The Oyster Guy

It's called fallout. If you're even remotely associated with a Republican politician, you are fair game for the most vile attacks.

Of course, we are not allowed to discuss Barack Obama's personal friends, political advisers and business associates. But by all means, let's go after the VP candidate's daughter's boyfriend.

:rolleyes:

THIS, people, is why I will NEVER vote for a Democrat - EVER.

Oh puhleeze with the sanctimony...

If it were suddenly revealed that Joe Biden had a pregnant 17 y.o. daughter, we'd be talking about it just the same.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
we have been talking about them for months now.....

as far as this girl being knocked up, i feel it is a non-issue. some of the more conservative folks may think it indicates something about Palin's morals, family values etc.

But it's the left that is bringing it up and making sure it stays out there.

Pete

Repete
Not true. There are a multitude of republican candidates that are capable of defending THEMSELVES, because they've already been throw into that fire and walked out the other side. Sadly, Palin ain't been there yet... she's on her way right now, but it's a helluva time to take that trip.

Poor choice by McCain.

The point missed you evidently. A candidate should have to defend their beliefs and record but not have to discuss or refute if their 17 year old daughter was top or on bottom when she was impregnated in the parking lot of the local Elks lodge at the Sadie Hawkins Dance.

This BS that our public servants and their families have to be crucified by fire in the media and any mud slinging jackass with a geocities web blog and a laptop is just that....pure bull.

Hell, now Camily wants to post the kids boyfriends myspace comments.

Look back at the smear of the decade in the 90's and tell me how many good public servants on both sides were forced to remove their name for consideration because 8 years ago they hired a Honduran house keeper for a year only to have it discovered they used a fake SSN and were illegal?

Pete

Repete
It's called fallout. If you're even remotely associated with a Republican politician, you are fair game for the most vile attacks.

Of course, we are not allowed to discuss Barack Obama's personal friends, political advisers and business associates. But by all means, let's go after the VP candidate's daughter's boyfriend.

Amazing the democrats want to post her bf's myspace crap but Obama is threatening to sue TV networks because they are editorializing his connection to a domestic terrorist.

The Oyster Guy

The point missed you evidently. A candidate should have to defend their beliefs and record but not have to discuss or refute if their 17 year old daughter was top or on bottom when she was impregnated in the parking lot of the local Elks lodge at the Sadie Hawkins Dance.

This BS that our public servants and their families have to be crucified by fire in the media and any mud slinging jackass with a geocities web blog and a laptop is just that....pure bull.

Hell, now Camily wants to post the kids boyfriends myspace comments.

Look back at the smear of the decade in the 90's and tell me how many good public servants on both sides were forced to remove their name for consideration because 8 years ago they hired a Honduran house keeper for a year only to have it discovered they used a fake SSN and were illegal?

Unfortunately, that's the nature of politics, and that's why politics doesn't guarantee good candidates. But it is what it is, and McCain should have anticipated the response, but he didn't - which doesn't reflect very well on McCain's decision making or insight.

Pete

Repete
Unfortunately, that's the nature of politics, and that's why politics doesn't guarantee good candidates. But it is what it is, and McCain should have anticipated the response, but he didn't - which doesn't reflect very well on McCain's decision making or insight.

You are not getting it. McCain is going to get attacked anyway for his choice and his choice is going to get crucified. McCain chose who he wanted and it could be argued he showed courage picking someone fresh and arguably flawed instead of the old wrinkly beltway insider white guy of the week.

Your side is nastier and more vile and always has been. It is a fact to me, I believe it wholeheartedly and I am pretty sure most of the non window lickers agree. It is just the way it is.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If...

If the watercooler discussions regarding Palin's nomination have become largely defensive in nature, then Palin was a poor candidate. And if Palin is a poor candidate, then that speaks to McCain's ability to make good decisions in critically important matters.

...you're side is getting defensive, it's because you do have a shred of decency in there somewhere.

Palin is a fantastic pick;

She's a governor.
She was a two term mayor.
She's an accomplished jock.
She hunts.
She's a mom. 5 times over.
She has what looks like a pretty darn good hubby.
She is NOT a lawyer.
She is NOT a DC creature.
She has worked for a living outside the government.
She wants to pump oil.
She is a tax cutter.

My God, I wake up every day since with this amazing sense of well being that this country, our nation, may well have a REAL American in the Whitehouse for the first time since Reagan.

Defensive??? :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sure!

Can we talk about Bristols boyfriend or is he off limits too? Just wondering because I just saw some good quotes.

Why not? Is he a drug addict!? Maybe he beats her!? With a little luck he supports Obama and has syphilis!!!

Come on! Let's continue the really substantive debates!

camily

Peace

Um no. Who said what I was going to say anyway? It was funny stuff. Nothing negative. Just stupid teenager quotes. See, you don't know as much as you think now do you?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What...

...the hell are you talking about? We're not even allowed to wonder about HIS place of birth, HIS religion, HIS past, HIS present, HIS anything let alone friends and families and who is on his speed dial.

camily

Peace
Geez, you guys are so serious. I forgot, republicans have no sense of humor. It was funny stuff! I'm all about the humor.:killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah?

Oh puhleeze with the sanctimony...

If it were suddenly revealed that Joe Biden had a pregnant 17 y.o. daughter, we'd be talking about it just the same.

That so? You mean how cool it is that she's having the baby? That Joe supports her and loves her? Or do you, honestly, think that ANYONE would suggest that Joe Biden is unfit to be veep BECAUSE his daughter is going to have a baby???

Are you people insane?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Geez, you guys are so serious. I forgot, republicans have no sense of humor. It was funny stuff! I'm all about the humor.

If you think it's funny to attack a 17 year old kid for political gain, by all means, yuk it up. Just know what it makes you look like.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
That so? You mean how cool it is that she's having the baby? That Joe supports her and loves her? Or do you, honestly, think that ANYONE would suggest that Joe Biden is unfit to be veep BECAUSE his daughter is going to have a baby???

Are you people insane?

Well don't you realize that Biden's wife would then have to abandon her career to be a stay at home grandma. Where are your family values?:sheesh:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hey!

Geez, you guys are so serious. I forgot, republicans have no sense of humor. It was funny stuff! I'm all about the humor.:killingme

I got one for you:

"Sarah Palin is like Caligula's horse!"

:lmao:

Get it? See, McCain is Caligula, see, one of the most reprehensible people in history who was so sick/psycho he chose his horse as consul, akin to a vice president, see, so the joke is that McCain is a deranged Roman Emporer and Sarah, who is not fit to be veep because she is pretending to have had a baby when everyone knows it's not hers and, AND her 17 year old UNWED daughter is, huh, actually having a baby, and, see, Sarah is a horse. Or like one.

Isn't that a hoot?

camily

Peace
If you think it's funny to attack a 17 year old kid for political gain, by all means, yuk it up. Just know what it makes you look like.

Who said anything about attacking him? People make fun of kids on myspace all the time. It had nothing to do with politics. Man, so defensive. I don't care who she dates, if she's pregnant or if she worships pumpkins. This dude was funny! That's all. Funny!

camily

Peace
I got one for you:

Get it? See, McCain is Caligula, see, one of the most reprehensible people in history who was so sick/psycho he chose his horse as consul, akin to a vice president, see, so the joke is that McCain is a deranged Roman Emporer and Sarah, who is not fit to be veep because she is pretending to have had a baby when everyone knows it's not hers and, AND her 17 year old UNWED daughter is, huh, actually having a baby, and, see, Sarah is a horse. Or like one.

Isn't that a hoot?

:yawn:

camily

Peace
I got one for you:

Isn't that a hoot?

Psst BTW, I'm a democrat. I accept people for who they are. You don't have to convince me it's ok to have a baby unwed. My sister (Claudia's mom) was a unwed teenager. I'm ok with it.