Rush Limbaugh has lung cancer

Freefaller

In a very sad announcement, in the last segment of his radio show today, Rush announced that he has been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer. So Sad!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
In a very sad announcement, in the last segment of his radio show today, Rush announced that he has been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer. So Sad!
I lost my dad to lung cancer. My mom is being treated for colon cancer. I am a pancreatic survivor.
I hate cancer, and don't wish it on anybody.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I lost my dad to lung cancer. My mom is being treated for colon cancer. I am a pancreatic survivor.
I hate cancer, and don't wish it on anybody.

I just wonder if cancer has become rampant because of all the technology. The 5G thing has become a topic of concern. Even questioning the whatever towers that exist in neighborhoods. Take care.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Former Host Of CNN’s ‘Believer’ Reza Aslan Asks If The World Is Better Off Without Rush Limbaugh

When left-wing Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was recovering from lung cancer treatment, right-wing media figures as a whole showed compassion by sending her well wishes and prayers, but religious scholar Reza Aslan, formerly of CNN, seems to have a different idea on how to publicly react to another fellow human being’s cancer diagnosis.

In a tweet, Aslan wondered aloud if the world would, in fact, be a “better place” if conservative pundit Rush Limbaugh died of lung cancer — a disease he announced to be suffering from during his radio show on Monday.

“Ask yourself this simple question: Is the world a better place or a worse place with Rush Limbaugh in it?” Aslan openly pontificated.

Though some of Aslan’s followers piled on to this grotesque display of impropriety, others were notably enraged by it. Later, Aslan doubled down on his question by openly declaring Limbaugh a “curse upon this nation” who has caused “mass suffering.”

“I am not ‘celebrating’ anyone’s diagnosis. I’m posing an important philosophical question,” said Aslan. “Rush is not ‘my adversary’ — he is a curse upon this nation, a purveyor of hatred and racism who’s at the very least indirectly responsible for the mass suffering of countless people.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/form...the-world-is-better-off-without-rush-limbaugh

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
TRUE STORY:
I had a black office mate that I'd become really good friends with, even to the point of fishing with a time or two. I came back from lunch one day laughing at something Rush had been talking about. My friend asked me what was up. I told him that Rush had just been discussing something or other and that his take was spot on and hilarious. He looked at me seriously and said, "He racist". I was shocked. I thought I knew this guy. So, I asked him how Rush was racist? His reply was, "He just is". I tried to get an answer all afternoon, but he just went back to, "He racist". They don't have an answer, they just hear it and repeat it. I requested an office move and never spoke to him again. I don't tolerate stupid very well. I imagine he's celebrating right about now.

SamSpade

TRUE STORY:
I had a black office mate that I'd become really good friends with, even to the point of fishing with a time or two. I came back from lunch one day laughing at something Rush had been talking about. My friend asked me what was up. I told him that Rush had just been discussing something or other and that his take was spot on and hilarious. He looked at me seriously and said, "He racist". I was shocked. I thought I knew this guy. So, I asked him how Rush was racist? His reply was, "He just is". I tried to get an answer all afternoon, but he just went back to, "He racist". They don't have an answer, they just hear it and repeat it. I requested an office move and never spoke to him again. I don't tolerate stupid very well. I imagine he's celebrating right about now.

I was that way, once. I'd heard stuff about him. I was in a bookstore a long time ago, and his book "The Way Things Ought to Be" was out. (yeah, a long time ago but in my defense - he hadn't been on the radio all that long, then). I told the person at the counter "he's a jerk" and wandered off - and overheard the girl at the register mistakenly think I called HER a jerk.

Right around that time, the Rodney King riots happened, and the trials afterward, and as it happened, I'd been driving back from upstate New York and turned on the radio to listen to a man's commentary and found what he said - very interesting. Not vulgar, rude, racist. Insightful. And I was surprised to learn it was the man I'd been calling a jerk. I'd been commenting on a man I'd never heard before.

Last edited:

SamSpade

TRUE STORY:
I had a black office mate ..

BTW I've had any number of office mates - save one - that once they found out my political beliefs were far afield from their own, they got nasty. One refused to even return a "good morning" or any such courtesy until she retired. Another one followed me down the hall to my desk pod, giving me crap about George Bush and Republicans. I mean, I walked away and he followed me and cornered me - and our interaction ever since has been cordial but not as friendly as they once were.

I suspect it has a little to do with the fact that conservatives are somewhat used to antagonism - so we usually just live and let live, at least in daily life.

That's what bothers people about Trump - he WON'T do that.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Another one followed me down the hall to my desk pod, giving me crap about George Bush and Republicans. I mean, I walked away and he followed me and cornered me

this is why I don't discuss religion or politics at the office.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
I just wonder if cancer has become rampant because of all the technology. The 5G thing has become a topic of concern. Even questioning the whatever towers that exist in neighborhoods. Take care.
The roll out of 5G LTE, fifth generation - long term evolution, has already prompted mandatory safety training on monitoring and detecting microwave radiation for technicians among the largest wireless companies.

They don't even know the effects of long term exposure to 3G yet.

ginwoman

TRUE STORY:
That's a damn shame

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm an old fashioned New England conservative republican (small c and r deliberate), who tries to concentrate of trading ideas for ideas and not making it personal. Learned that from my dad who was in our town's government for 16 years (New England Town Meeting). One of his biggest supporters in getting elected every year was also one of his most steady opponents in outlook. Mr Jamison told me one day that he supported my dad, in spite of their difference, because he and my dad could have those long, necessary conversations that led to compromise, which helped the overall community.