Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Leaf

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • other

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

donbarzini

I say Leaf for one reason. As far as we know, Russell didn't have any meltdowns in the locker room trying to threaten a reporter. That Leaf tantrum was the lamest thing I had seen since "Chrissy" Everett tried to strangle Jim Rome.

edit: And at least Russell's drug episode just proved him to be a "cough syrup junkie". Not like Coach Leaf trying to get his own players to score him pain pills.

Last edited:
Between Russell and Leaf, I'd have to go with Leaf as the bigger bust. I don't recall Russell having been touted as highly as Leaf was. Before the draft, some people were actually wondering and debating whether Leaf should be taken ahead of Peyton. People talked about how good Russell might be, but not to the degree they did with Leaf. Russell's perceived potential seemed relative - he was so attractive, and the number 1 pick, partly because there weren't any other great QB prospects (who were the other QBs taken in that draft - Quinn, Kolb, Edwards?). If you wanted a QB and had the number 1 pick, he was the extent of your options.

Also, the Russell story isn't necessarily completely written. It's still possible that he returns and becomes productive to some degree for someone. Leaf's bust-dom is all but official at this point.