Ruth Bader Ginsburg: ‘I’m Cancer-Free. Thank you President Trump!’

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg announced this week that she is cancer-free after her latest treatments for pancreatic cancer.

“I’m cancer-free. That’s good,” Ginsburg told CNN’s Joan Biskupic.

The 86-year-old Supreme Court justice underwent three weeks of radiation treatment at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in August 2019 after doctors discovered a cancerous tumor on her pancreas during a routine blood test.

officeguy

Who knew that pancreatic cancer is now just something you can rid yourself like you would cut out a suspicious mole? A little bit of radiation and Ruthy is as good as new !

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Who knew that pancreatic cancer is now just something you can rid yourself like you would cut out a suspicious mole? A little bit of radiation and Ruthy is as good as new !

Maybe it's a new medical breakthrough that only Supreme Court Justices are entitled to?

It's still time for her to retire. I don't even care that Trump will get to name her replacement...

Okay, that's a lie, yes I do...

...but once someone starts having health problems like this they normally want to spend their remaining days doing something more fulfilling than sitting with a bunch of other old people refereeing federal lawyers. Maybe she has nothing else. She's had a hell of a career, it's probable that she doesn't really have a relationship with her kids or grandkids. We know she's not hanging in there for money because she gets a sweet retirement deal (lifetime full salary).

officeguy

...but once someone starts having health problems like this they normally want to spend their remaining days doing something more fulfilling than sitting with a bunch of other old people refereeing federal lawyers. Maybe she has nothing else. She's had a hell of a career, it's probable that she doesn't really have a relationship with her kids or grandkids. We know she's not hanging in there for money because she gets a sweet retirement deal (lifetime full salary).

She has already made clear that staying on the court and obstructing Trump in any way she can is at this point her only mission in life. She will be comatose in the hospital and her minions will use her autopen machine to batch sign injunctions. And if anyone challenges them they will scream 'separation of powers'

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think there should be a mandatory retirement age for all federal employees, including the elected/appointed ones. Perhaps a medical clause as well - that crap with Ted Kennedy and John McCain was just ridiculous. Once they can no longer perform their duties, for any reason, they should be retired.

officeguy

I think there should be a mandatory retirement age for all federal employees, including the elected/appointed ones. Perhaps a medical clause as well - that crap with Ted Kennedy and John McCain was just ridiculous. Once they can no longer perform their duties, for any reason, they should be retired.

Agreed. To be honest, Strom Thurmond wasn't 'all there' the last few years in the senate and Rehnquist should have retired the day after he swore in Dubya for the second time. But there is something about power, once people have I they just won't give it up .

I am all for longer terms in the supreme Court to isolate the place from the day to day politics. But a 15 year term and mandatory retirement at 85 would achieve that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Agreed. To be honest, Strom Thurmond wasn't 'all there' the last few years in the senate and Rehnquist should have retired the day after he swore in Dubya for the second time. But there is something about power, once people have I they just won't give it up .

Strom Thurmond was the one I couldn't remember - good grief, was he a senile old coot.

Hijinx

She is 86 years old I think, and she may indeed be Cancer free.
But I would place a one hundred dollar bet she won't survive Trump's 2nd. term.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I am always leery when an aggressive cancer is deemed to be "gone".

My sister's cancer was gone except for a 10 mm spot showing on the PET scan in December. At the time, I wanted to be as jubilant as she was, I really did. Something just nagged at me. By the time she had her follow up PET scan in February - that cancer had taken over with a vengeance.

Not the same thing, not the same cancer. But that phrase always stops me in my tracks when I hear it.

WingsOfGold

I suspect she's an android. DIE already bitch, there are millions of murdered babies needing something to cheer about.