RV Campgrounds

JeJeTe

Happiness
Any suggestions on great campsites for kids that have RV spaces? Looking around in a couple hour drive radius.

TIA!

limblips

PREMO Member
Any suggestions on great campsites for kids that have RV spaces? Looking around in a couple hour drive radius.

TIA!

Need more info. Are you looking for playgrounds, game rooms, pools, etc or things like nature trails, lake/bay swimming, and other non-commercial things?

JeJeTe

Happiness
Need more info. Are you looking for playgrounds, game rooms, pools, etc or things like nature trails, lake/bay swimming, and other non-commercial things?

Probably something more like the 2nd one. Where if you wanted to leave the campsite there are neat things to do but the campground is nice also.

HollyRockJT

Jus Chillin...
Depends JJT, I know a few places in Va, Pa, OC, that are good for kids... but depends what exactly you are looking for...

I know campgrounds you can stay right there on site and have a good 2-3 days with no problems... I know some you can go for a week and there is tons around...

Just depends which you prefer, how long you are going, etc...

JeJeTe

Happiness
Depends JJT, I know a few places in Va, Pa, OC, that are good for kids... but depends what exactly you are looking for...

I know campgrounds you can stay right there on site and have a good 2-3 days with no problems... I know some you can go for a week and there is tons around...

Just depends which you prefer, how long you are going, etc...

Give them all to me. :lol: I wouldn't mind having a bunch to choose from. They'd all be weekend trips.

Just this morning we decided to do Hershey Park for a weekend so maybe something nature like for the next one.

HollyRockJT

Jus Chillin...
Give them all to me. :lol: I wouldn't mind having a bunch to choose from. They'd all be weekend trips.

Just this morning we decided to do Hershey Park for a weekend so maybe something nature like for the next one.

Sweet, Hershey is nice... that was one I was gonna mention :lol:

Shenandoah Crossings, Bethpage, Yogi in Luray (Yogi in Hagerstown I was not impressed with), Castaways, Fort Walley, I think it was called American Heritage (somewhat close to Bush Gardens)

Solomon's isn't bad...

I'm trying to think of the other places I stayed :lol:

I normally go to places I know the kids will like, or they have liked...

JeJeTe

Happiness
Sweet, Hershey is nice... that was one I was gonna mention :lol:

Shenandoah Crossings, Bethpage, Yogi in Luray (Yogi in Hagerstown I was not impressed with), Castaways, Fort Walley, I think it was called American Heritage (somewhat close to Bush Gardens)

Solomon's isn't bad...

I'm trying to think of the other places I stayed :lol:

I normally go to places I know the kids will like, or they have liked...

I really want to try out Castaways. That one looks nice. We are going to Busch Gardens and staying at the Jellystone near there in March. I'll look up the others.

Thanks!! I heard Rockahock was nice too.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Probably something more like the 2nd one. Where if you wanted to leave the campsite there are neat things to do but the campground is nice also.

Artillery Ridge and Drummer Boy at Gettysburg both have good reps. One of them has battlefield horse back riding.

HollyRockJT

Jus Chillin...
I really want to try out Castaways. That one looks nice. We are going to Busch Gardens and staying at the Jellystone near there in March. I'll look up the others.

Thanks!! I heard Rockahock was nice too.

Yeah, I stayed at Frontier Town last year, it was too tight/small for a 36' tow behind LOL... I wasn't impressed... Castaways did look great, and I know a few that highly recommend it...

Yeah, I heard the same about Rockahock... I thought Greys Point was nice as well, small, quiet... (Bethpage's sister campground) I am going back there this year..

Not sure where else I am going yet this year..

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yeah, I stayed at Frontier Town last year, it was too tight/small for a 36' tow behind LOL... I wasn't impressed... Castaways did look great, and I know a few that highly recommend it...

Yeah, I heard the same about Rockahock... I thought Greys Point was nice as well, small, quiet... (Bethpage's sister campground) I am going back there this year..

Not sure where else I am going yet this year..

Nice to see you yesterday! :howdy:

limblips

PREMO Member
Any of the VA or PA State Parks. All of those we have been to are very nice. Make sure they allow swimming (some don't) and double check your equipment length, some have restrictions. We usually (if the GKs are coming) bring our own entertainment. Cornhole, Ladder Golf, Frisbees, fishing gear, etc... The TV/DVD is for inclement weather only!

sockgirl77

Any JellyStone would be great. Only, I will never go back to Gloucester. That place was a mosquito haven.

sockgirl77

That's where we are staying at in March. Hopefully, there shouldn't be any yet.

Out of all the JellyStones that I've been to that is the most boring one. There's nothing to do at the campground during the winter. However, it's just a short drive to Busch Gardens from there. :smile: