RV Camping near West Point

saddlemount

Mudslinger
Hello All,

My wife and I would like to bring our travel trailer up to West Point for our son's graduation (from the prep school) in May. I've spent a couple hours running google searches but their doesn't seem to be many options. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks in advance!

- Jeff in Owings

No electric.
Beaver Pond offers campsites, some with a raised platform, for up to two tents and six persons per site; select sites can accommodate a trailer or RV up to 30 ft. long. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring with flip top grill, and there are shared full-service bathrooms centrally located. Located in Harriman State Park and adjacent to Lake Welch, the campground offers convenient access to swimming beaches, hiking trails, and neighboring state park facilities. Visitors can experience the natural beauty of the Lower Hudson Valley, while having the ease of access to local shops, historic sites, and countless seasonal events.
*Please be advised that there are no electrical hook ups for trailers at this campground.
Alcohol is not permitted at Beaver Pond Campgrounds.
No Pets Permitted.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Have you been there?
Nope, just trying to be helpful as you indicated you hadn't found much in the area. I looked at a map and saw state parks all around there and figured they had to allow camping/RVing at them. Then I thought about the academy's MWR program.