rv sales

Pete

Repete
I bought two, both new, from McGeorges over on 95 by Bass Pro just north of Kings Dominion. Their website has all their inventory so you can sort down to what you are looking for. They say their prices are the bottom but I found they will deal a little when push comes to you going into the parking lot to leave. Ask for Bo, he was our sales guy then but now he is sales manager.

Words of wisdom; Take your time. If you are thinking "Is that enough room? Ah I will make it work" don't.

nutz

looking to buy a used rv soon. Looking for recommendations on dealers. Don't mind going to Virginia or PA.
TIA

two things to really define there. Your version of RV and what qualifies as used. Either way, if youve got cash or your own financing, used is the better way. There are some great deals and quite a few have little actual use. I got my last one at a trade show, it was the upfitters demo unit. Never used, just towed around.

pricewise for new, economy in mechanicsville was very competititive. Check rv outlet too (rv007.com)

travel trailer - http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/rvs/5410057484.html
animals + people - http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/rvs/5428429087.html
pop up - http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/rvs/5428034253.html
toys - http://www.rv007.com/2015-heartland-rv-road-warrior-420rw-rt-new-toy-hauler-va-i1592442

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have a friend in Port Charlotte, FL who's selling her RV. It's a super nice Class A, clean, 28k miles, really been well taken care of, and her price is under $30k. If you're interested PM me and I can have her contact you with details.

limblips

looking to buy a used rv soon. Looking for recommendations on dealers. Don't mind going to Virginia or PA.
TIA

When you say RV are you talking motor home or travel trailer? Buying a motor home from a dealer with a warranty is probably a good idea. For a travel trailer, a good inspection will reveal issues. Look for soft spots in floor (esp bath and kitchen areas), water stains in ceiling or on walls, check roof for obvious damage, verify all accessories work (furnace, A/C, water pump, slides, awnings, jacks), check tires/brakes. No matter how much you like it walk away from any with issues. You will have enough maintenance to do without starting off with work. Make sure your vehicle can SAFELY tow it. Do not rely on the dealer, the seller, or Old Joe at the bar to tell you if your vehicle can tow it. There are many calculators on line to determine your towing capacity (www.forestriverforums.com is one). Say your truck is rated @ 9900lbs, sure you can pull 9900 (a Fiat 500 can pull it) but you need to be able to stop it too. To figure it all out you need to weigh the entire package, the trailer only, and then the tongue weight of the trailer. A properly matched vehicle, weight distribution hitch, and trailer will handle well, throw it off and you will white knuckle it all day. Going RVing is supposed to be relaxing, a good towing setup makes it nice.

Roman

I have a friend in Port Charlotte, FL who's selling her RV. It's a super nice Class A, clean, 28k miles, really been well taken care of, and her price is under $30k. If you're interested PM me and I can have her contact you with details.
I have a home in Port Charlotte, and am going there this weekend for a week. A ton of people from southern Maryland live there!

Pete

Repete
If you need a weight distribution hitch I have one I do not need from my last trailer I am looking to get rid of much cheaper than a new one.

limblips

looking for a travel trailer, with bunk beds and a queen size bed.

What are you going to tow it with? I am on my 3rd trailer, and have always bought used from a private seller. Always been pleased but as I said earlier, do a thorough inspection. A few must haves for us are a super slide, ducted A/C and heat, shower (tub is useless), awning (manual is fine with me), electric tongue jack (levelers too but not a deal breaker). Our spawn are all grown so we opted for living space rather than sleeping space. I currently tow a 28 ft Flagstaff with an F-150 Ecoboost. Well within calculated requirements. 11MPG towing and tons of power for the hills. If I were to go much bigger I would upgrade to an 3/4 ton big gasser or diesel.