Ryan Newman out at RCR

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Says he still plans to drive Cup full time in 2019 though. My money says Ty Dillon gets in the 31 for Pop-Pop.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Let the Silly Season begin.

Daniel Suarez is out of the #19. Kasey Kahne is out of the #95. Jamie McMurray is out of the #1. Trevor Bayne is out of the #6, And now Ryan Newman is out of the #31.

At least Ryan makes the Playoffs every year so he may find a seat next year. I've left Martin Truex off my list because it seems pretty certain he'll be taking over the #19. Rumor still is the #95 will become a satellite of JGR and Suarez will take that seat.

My money says Ty Dillon gets in the 31 for Pop-Pop.

I'd be surprised if he didn't.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Let the Silly Season begin.

Daniel Suarez is out of the #19. Kasey Kahne is out of the #95. Jamie McMurray is out of the #1. Trevor Bayne is out of the #6, And now Ryan Newman is out of the #31.

At least Ryan makes the Playoffs every year so he may find a seat next year. I've left Martin Truex off my list because it seems pretty certain he'll be taking over the #19. Rumor still is the #95 will become a satellite of JGR and Suarez will take that seat.

I'd be surprised if he didn't.

:yay:

Barney Vissar has right of first refusal on the #78 next year, so if he doesn't re-up, and I doubt he will, that will open it up for JGR. I know you used to have to buy the rights to your number on a yearly basis, so Gibbs should have no problem getting it next year. I doubt anyone will start a bidding war.

stgislander

PREMO Member
:yay:

Barney Vissar has right of first refusal on the #78 next year, so if he doesn't re-up, and I doubt he will, that will open it up for JGR. I know you used to have to buy the rights to your number on a yearly basis, so Gibbs should have no problem getting it next year. I doubt anyone will start a bidding war.

It's interesting that NBC Sports is reporting the Gene Haas has been talking to Daniel Suarez's representatives, and that he's heard that Kurt Busch has signed with Chip Ganassi Racing. (I forgot to mention Kurt Busch in the #41.)

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
It's interesting that NBC Sports is reporting the Gene Haas has been talking to Daniel Suarez's representatives, and that he's heard that Kurt Busch has signed with Chip Ganassi Racing. (I forgot to mention Kurt Busch in the #41.)

That is very interesting. I speculated in the Truex thread that the #1 would be open at Ganassi if Kurt Busch didn't re-sign with SHR, but I didn't think SHR would be interested in Suarez though.

SHR already has Almirola, who is of Cuban descent. Maybe with Suarez too they will corner the market on the Hispanic fan base? Doesn't NASCAR run a series in Mexico too?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Hey, just saw that.

Wouldn't surprise me, he's young and probably not to expensive to sign. I do think Kurt B. is going to Ganassi if at all possible. Maybe Chip will field him an Indy car next year?

And you are correct sir. Being reported today as driving the #1 next year. Likely his last full year in Cup.