Rythm beads.....

breezy9999

Ok so I made a couple of necklaces and mane clips for me and a friend and they turned out really neat!! I have a spooky tb so I made some for trail riding so she is distracted from finding things to spook at lol. I read they help with that as they are comforting to them. People also use them to hear the rythm of the walk, trot and canter so they can be more in sync with thier horse. Would anyone be interested in some? I am interested in selling them and was wondering how many people would be interested and what you would pay for a set. I was thinking like 20 bucks? Let me know what you guys think.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Ok so I made a couple of necklaces and mane clips for me and a friend and they turned out really neat!! I have a spooky tb so I made some for trail riding so she is distracted from finding things to spook at lol. I read they help with that as they are comforting to them. People also use them to hear the rythm of the walk, trot and canter so they can be more in sync with thier horse. Would anyone be interested in some? I am interested in selling them and was wondering how many people would be interested and what you would pay for a set. I was thinking like 20 bucks? Let me know what you guys think.

Do you shovel smow?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
i got to keep my mind out of the gutter. i thought this thread was going to be entertainment for the afternoon.
I am glad I am not the only one who was expecting this to be something from the "Adam & Eve Catalog". :lmao:

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
ok so i take it no one would be interested. Eww guys it's in the horse section that is nasty LOL!!!!

You know how these forumites are... you must choose your words carefully and add a lot of disclaimers around here :lol:

I cant say that they are something I would purchase, but mainly because Im not sure what they are or how they are used. Shed some light on the subject?

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I cant say that they are something I would purchase, but mainly because Im not sure what they are or how they are used. Shed some light on the subject?

Rhythm Beads are like necklaces for horses.

Rhythm Beads! Horse Tack and Supplies!
Rhythm Beads
Rhythm Bead Necklace: Saddles Tack Horse Supplies - ChickSaddlery.com

Google, you'll find lots of information. I vaguely remember posts on here in the past about this. I think some of the gaited people were using them.

breezy9999

You know how these forumites are... you must choose your words carefully and add a lot of disclaimers around here :lol:

Ok they are a necklace or mane clip with beads and bells. Your horse wears them while you are riding. They have a calming effect from the rythm of the bells and also help the rider keep in sync with the horse's gaits. I read they are great for spooky horses. They are all kinds of pretty colors. I think they are neat. I think I uploaded a pic lol!!

Attachments

• BEADS1.jpg
    BEADS1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 119

DeeCee

A horse of course!
They are nice for gaited horses. I don't know about "creating" rythm in the horse's way of going, but the rider can certainly "hear" the rythm when the sound of the hoof beats is muffled. I'd also imagine they'd be good for notifying deer of your arrival when on the trail. :yay: always a good thing.

Just a suggestion, maybe you can work up a consignment deal with the tack shops and Make a bunch of sets (necklaces and mane/tail clips) and take them in to sell off the shelf. I'd be more inclined to purchase them if I could pick up a set to feel the weight and quality of the product. I personally would also look for earthtones, high quality beads, leather and brass bells rather than plastic or lightweight tin stuff. I'd use mane/tail clips before I'd use the necklace type because I always ride with a breast collar. When designing, you could integrate the various colors for certain things in tail clips like red for a kicker on the trail, yellow for a stallion, and green for a newbie. :biggrin: It's certainly worth a try. Good luck!

breezy9999

They are nice for gaited horses. I don't know about "creating" rythm in the horse's way of going, but the rider can certainly "hear" the rythm when the sound of the hoof beats is muffled. I'd also imagine they'd be good for notifying deer of your arrival when on the trail. :yay: always a good thing.

Just a suggestion, maybe you can work up a consignment deal with the tack shops and Make a bunch of sets (necklaces and mane/tail clips) and take them in to sell off the shelf. I'd be more inclined to purchase them if I could pick up a set to feel the weight and quality of the product. I personally would also look for earthtones, high quality beads, leather and brass bells rather than plastic or lightweight tin stuff. I'd use mane/tail clips before I'd use the necklace type because I always ride with a breast collar. When designing, you could integrate the various colors for certain things in tail clips like red for a kicker on the trail, yellow for a stallion, and green for a newbie. :biggrin: It's certainly worth a try. Good luck!

Great ideas!!! I will look into that. I use leather cord, but unsure if the bells are brass, got them at michael's so i doubt it. The pic on here is just one i found offline so everyone can see what they look like. I really like your idea about colors for kickers, newbies and studs that's a great idea. I was thinking of making some that have shells and stones vs. the pony beads. I will have to make some and take them down to Elam's. He is pretty good about working with locals on stuff like that. Oh and i could also make a saddle clip for people who would rather that than clip it on thier horse. My horse really seemes to like hers. Thanks a bunch!!!

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ok they are a necklace or mane clip with beads and bells. Your horse wears them while you are riding. They have a calming effect from the rythm of the bells and also help the rider keep in sync with the horse's gaits. I read they are great for spooky horses. They are all kinds of pretty colors. I think they are neat. I think I uploaded a pic lol!!

Interesting..

Not the end I pictured them being used on..