sacrificing your life

Would you sacrifice your life?

• yes - for a pharmaceutical company

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • no- not for any reason

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

mudpuddle

This thread pertains to the case of "Josh" started in the thread at "News and Current Events " Forum...The thread titled: "Company denies drugs to dying 7 year old"

Would you sacrifice your life for a pharmaceutical company?

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
This thread pertains to the case of "Josh" started in the thread at "News and Current Events " Forum...

Would you sacrifice your life for a pharmaceutical company?

Are you saying that it is a given that Josh would 100% be cured by the experimental drug not yet approved by the FDA?

mudpuddle

Are you saying that it is a given that Josh would 100% be cured by the experimental drug not yet approved by the FDA?

I am saying he will be 100% dead without it...I think this is God's decision whether he lives or not, and not up to a god of a company...

mudpuddle

Whoever voted yes in the poll--what a sense of humor you have! Too bad I don't know the forumites that well, I might have been able to take a stab at one! lol

mudpuddle

The question was not valid.

it is not valid to you, because it would never happen to you, or I should say, that you never would be asked this question...but this little boy is being told by other human beings, that he should die.
How can this be?

I can understand those who support the death penalty,( when you sentence someone to die),but how do you let innocent ( and I mean a child in this case) people die?
And I want to be clear that I don't only think that children should be "given" this drug in compassion cases...

Last edited:

Vince

The FDA just pisses me off. They with hold judgement on so many drugs due to inadequate testing or whatever, but yet there are drugs on the market that cause so many detrimental side effects and they are approved. And you see them on TV everyday. Annoucer voice: This drug can cure pimples, but can cause cancer, drought, flooding, etc.

mudpuddle

The FDA just pisses me off. They with hold judgement on so many drugs due to inadequate testing or whatever, but yet there are drugs on the market that cause so many detrimental side effects and they are approved. And you see them on TV everyday. Annoucer voice: This drug can cure pimples, but can cause cancer, drought, flooding, etc.

you are 100% right!!! I never could understand people who smoke (like my parents and lots of people I know) and wonder why they got cancer? Both of my parents died in their 50's when they got cancer...and both of them would not blame the cigarettes but blamed it on other things. :/
And now the tobacco companies put warnings on the labels, (and people smoke anyway!) and they continue to sell cigarettes when cancer is the no. 1 killer in the United states!
If you were dying, wouldn't you try anything to help save you, even though it might be experimental? I sure would, no matter what the side-effects might be.

Last edited:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
You wrote this survey to ask 'If you were Josh, would you give up your life for a pharmaceutical company?' right? Nobody is asking Josh to give up his life for a pharmaceutical company so what are the grounds for the survey in the first place. Your question really is 'Is the pharmaceutical company denying Josh this experimental, unproven therapy which has never been used before for what Josh is suffering and is forbidden by law for being given to people like Josh immoral?' You cannot then put up two options which are not related to the question in the first place.

As you know Josh has now been approved for the unproven, experimental medication which has never been used for people with Josh's condition. I missed the headlines that tell us Josh has miraculously been cured and is now at home with his family. Can you point us to that headline?