Sad Teia News

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Miss Teia is across my lap as I type, but it is a Last Cuddle.

She passed blood clots overnight, and a pool of bloody pee. We thought she was past that, as the last instance was almost 3 months ago, and not as noticeable. I think her kidneys are deteriorating.

She's not been interested in food, sips only a little bit of water, has not been active, her grooming is not up to her usual standards, but she is still social. She's matching the quality of life signs I promised myself I'd follow to not let her linger on, that last, keeping her, would be more for me me than for her.

At 2:30 this afternoon, we will be at the vet, Teia, Anita and I. We'll go home with an empty carrier, and another hole in our hearts.

I emailed the store to let them know I'd be late.

Did get a picture of her early this morning before I went to bed.
Teia-2AM-23NOV18-10.jpg

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I am so sorry. May she pass calmly and serenely. My heart goes out to you all... :bawl:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Miss Teia went into the carrier without a peep, no complaining in the car, and quietly accepting ear rubs at the vet.
She did not struggle when the vet gave the the sedative and was out deeply when she got the overdose of barbiturate.

She only weighed 4# 1 oz, at her healthiest, she was 13 - 14 pounds.

The vet mentioned that her rear legs were showing surface bruising, and had no explanation.

She'll be coming home in a little oak box in a couple weeks.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Miss Teia went into the carrier without a peep, no complaining in the car, and quietly accepting ear rubs at the vet.
She did not struggle when the vet gave the the sedative and was out deeply when she got the overdose of barbiturate.

The vet mentioned that her rear legs were showing surface bruising, and had no explanation.

SPR, sorry for your loss.
It is always a tough decision, but you made the right one.
RIP Miss Teia.

littlelady

God bless the USA

I teared up reading your news. I am so very sorry for the loss of Miss T. Always remember you gave her a wonderful life, and she knew that. Her spirit will live on through Buff and Mr. Cooper. I can say we know exactly how you feel right now, but you did the right thing. We have come home with empty carriers, too. And, there are six little oak boxes in hub’s home office on the bookshelf.

Rainbow Bridge...http://petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm

Sending a big hug y’all’s way. Take care.

mitzi

Ahhh, I'm so sorry. It's a hard decision to make. Sounds like she lived a loved and good long life.

littlelady

God bless the USA
And, Steven, the most important thing is you are surviving cancer. You were here to give Miss T a good life. You did all you could for her. She was very lucky. :smile:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Also, one more comment. I talked to my youngest bro that lives in TX a few days ago. He recently lost a pet, also. He said it sucked that God didn’t let pets live as long as humans. But, that is the nature of things.

https://www.catster.com/cats-101/calculate-cat-age-in-cat-years

I have told you over time the history and deaths of my pets. I am trying to make you feel better. Time will heal your sadness. And hub’s 20 mile walking buddy in Columbia that he meets with once a month had to put his 16 yr old dog down on Wednesday. You are not alone. We want our furry friends to live forever, but it cannot be.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I try to keep in mind that if Teia had been a people, 102 years is a good run in anyone's book.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm so sorry about your sweet kitty. It's never an easy choice in making that kind of decision. :huggy:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Anita took a few snapshots before we went to the vet's for the Final Kindness.
Teia had about 4 hours laptime.
Teia_Steven-23NOV18-48.jpg

littlelady

God bless the USA
Wanted to say that Hub did his once a month 20 mile walk with his buddy in Columbia today. He had to put his 17 year old shepherd down yesterday. You are not alone. Hang in.