Saddle fitting/reflocking

Eventer29

One of my clients has noticed that her saddle sits slightly crooked on most of the horses she puts it on. It seems like the padding/flocking has smooshed down a bit more on one side than the other. Who locally could check her saddle out and if it does need re-flocked about how much might it run? I know Gayers will do "their brand" saddles if you buy them from them, but do they do outside saddles as well?

highnote

Elam at Loveville leather will re flock saddles. Not sure about price but I can guess he'll be the most reasonable (and he will do the job right). His shop is off rt5 in loveville.

devinej

also, there's a lady named carolyn that comes down to do saddle fitting. i don't have her contact info, but i know she comes down to begin again farm every now and then, contact them.

DQ87

I don't want to tell her full name on here for security reasons but Theresa K is amazing and does saddle work for top notch people. Works with Trilogy but is willing to do others I believe. PM for more info

Sparks

Susie will be at my place on Saturday. I think she may also be going somewhere else in So. MD but not 100% sure.

bosox

David Brooks!

I have a friend who is a Master Saddle fitter/maker. He works with all types/brands and does not sell a "brand" of saddle so you can be sure he won't be telling you that your saddle doesn't fit--but the one in the back of his truck will work great.

He is based in NC but will come up for a saddle clinic. (you show him your horse/saddle, ride for him, and he will re-do the saddle.) He was the saddle fitter in Atlanta for the Olympic games and continues to do some of the top riders in the country. Michelle McDonald, Darren C., Bruce D, Ralph H--etc.

I am putting together a clinic for him...I think 150 dollars is the charge for an evaluation and basic reflocking. He said it might be less b/c this is not as far as when he travels to Atlanta or Ocala.

fredsaid2

I am putting together a clinic for him...I think 150 dollars is the charge for an evaluation and basic reflocking. He said it might be less b/c this is not as far as when he travels to Atlanta or Ocala.

Hope your clinic goes well! You guys should ensure your saddles are wool flocked before signing up though. Lots today are foam.

worthycommand

Outback Leather in Laurel - Ron Sargent will restuff for $75. You can take your horse to him for an evaluation and he also travels...not sure if he'd come way down here.