Saddle Stolen from Calvert Barn!

Sparks

Someone broke into my friend's barn in Calvert and stole a western saddle on or about May 11/12th.

It's a Circle Y western saddle similar to the picture below. Maybe someone will try and sell it locally.

Attachments

• Circle Y Saddle.jpg
    Circle Y Saddle.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 124

SugarNSpikes

Oh boy. :( I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope that they find it.

At the barns I've boarded at, the tack room has always been kept under lock and key, and while the tack room has a lock at my current barn, I just take my saddles home with me.

Sparks

Oh boy. :( I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope that they find it.

At the barns I've boarded at, the tack room has always been kept under lock and key, and while the tack room has a lock at my current barn, I just take my saddles home with me.

It was locked in a tack room. They kicked in the locked door.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I was wondering the same thing Robin. Glad I keep my tackroom on wheels or in my garage. Sparks I wonder if it will show up on E-bay. Does Circle Y have a serial # on it or something similar?

covekat

I'm sure your friend has probably already done this... but who has been at the farm? Blacksmith's, friends of friends, etc...

Sparks

Not exactly sure where the barn is but I'll find out. I think it's in the upper huntingtown end of calvert. Near Rt. 4 maybe. I'll find out.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
The barn where the saddle was stolen from is in Dunkirk.

This reminds me of last year when trailers in the Carroll Country, Howard County and I think maybe Frederick County were being broken into. The thieves were mainly stealing saddles.